Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

So, I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Ltd with the tech package. When I bought the car, I had an iPhone 5s, and paired it easily. I just bought an iPhone 8 and no longer have the original phone. Now when I get in the car and try to pair it just searches for the name of my old phone and then just goes back to the main menu. I've tried looking through the set up section, as well as simply pressing the phone button (that's when it just tries to pair my old phone and gives up). Not sure where else/what else I should be doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated - hopefully someone's dealt with this before.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who may respond.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't been able to. It just goes straight to trying to pair my old phone when I press the green phone button on the steering wheel, and going through Setup, I don't see anywhere where it gives me the choice of removing the old phone....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have the base radio, but, going through, set up < phone, there should be an option to delete existing phone. Everytime I've upgraded I delete the old phone before pairing the new one. Maybe YouTube has a video, explaining the process.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I haven't been able to. It just goes straight to trying to pair my old phone when I press the green phone button on the steering wheel, and going through Setup, I don't see anywhere where it gives me the choice of removing the old phone....
Don’t use the one on the steering wheel. There is another set up button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts