Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Ioniq Premium PHEV. Can anyone tell me why every now and again when driving a little bell tinkles - nothing more? It just worries me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you please give a little more information. I would suggest the sound is an information sound. Next time you hear the sound, look down at the instrument cluster to see if the cause is listed to the right hand side of the speedometer. Does it happen when the temperature goes below 5°C?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also getting the ding sound. No display notifications. Seems to happen on decel when coming to a stop. Somewhat random sounding as well. 2018 phev us spec limited with ultimate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did a bit of research on another forum, and the noise might be related to the Integrated brake actuation unit. Will update if I find anything out at the dealer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a Sonata, not an Ioniq but I have the 8 inch screen with Nav and I hear a ding-dong sound after driving and then returning home. When close to home the Nav emits the sound to i guess tell you , you are home. I'm not using Nav at the time, it just happens. Not sure if a similar thing is happening with your cars. By 'close to home' i mean driving by the front of your house, or the back through the alley or even the next street over seems to be close enough.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You are not using NAVI but most likely you entered home locations once and I bet GPS get acquires satellites ever time you drive a car 'to be ready' if you decide to use NAVI. Big brother and sister are watching wanted you that or not ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a bell but when the Exterior temperature is lower then 4 degrees celsius, the outside temp indicator flash 3-4 times in cluster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts