Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone installed an IO Play in their Santa Fe?

I have spent far too much time investigating options to get bluetooth for handsfree calls and connectivity for an iPod into my Santa Fe.... I have looked at the China headunits £300+, mainstream headunits £500+, wired FM Modulators and now the IO Play.

My previous car had a Dension iPod unit and a Parrot bluetooth unit - however that cost £250 combined, and as there isn't a CD changer input, Dension don't do a unit for the Santa Fe.

Wired FM Modulators provide limited functionality.

The IO Play provides both functionalities and has a natty bluetooth module that connects to an iPod.

This looks like a viable option. However does it work and do the out-of-the-box cables fit a 2nd Gen 2006 Santa Fe. I am sure I could fit it myself.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

ibraidwo

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (ibraidwo @ May 5 2010, 06:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319952
Hi,

Has anyone installed an IO Play in their Santa Fe?

I have spent far too much time investigating options to get bluetooth for handsfree calls and connectivity for an iPod into my Santa Fe.... I have looked at the China headunits £300+, mainstream headunits £500+, wired FM Modulators and now the IO Play.

My previous car had a Dension iPod unit and a Parrot bluetooth unit - however that cost £250 combined, and as there isn't a CD changer input, Dension don't do a unit for the Santa Fe.

Wired FM Modulators provide limited functionality.

The IO Play provides both functionalities and has a natty bluetooth module that connects to an iPod.

This looks like a viable option. However does it work and do the out-of-the-box cables fit a 2nd Gen 2006 Santa Fe. I am sure I could fit it myself.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

ibraidwo
Hi,

Have you looked at the Parrot MKi9200? This is a bluetooth handsfree and has iPod connectivity. It also has connections for other mp3 players too. I bought one on ebay for around £150. You will need to buy an Autoleads ISO lead as well though. Have you got the factory amp under the drivers seat as the lead needs fitting under here? I haven't installed mine yet but it looks pretty simple and I had a CK3100 in my old car that was fairly easy to fit. Let me know how you get on.

Adam

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (bacardigold @ May 6 2010, 07:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320252
Hi,

Have you looked at the Parrot MKi9200? This is a bluetooth handsfree and has iPod connectivity. It also has connections for other mp3 players too. I bought one on ebay for around £150. You will need to buy an Autoleads ISO lead as well though. Have you got the factory amp under the drivers seat as the lead needs fitting under here? I haven't installed mine yet but it looks pretty simple and I had a CK3100 in my old car that was fairly easy to fit. Let me know how you get on.

Adam
Thanks for the response adam,

I hadn't looked at the parrot. However have had a quick look and have seen it for under £150 at Amazon and other places. I believe that I may have an amp under the seat, based on other peoples comments in these threads.

I also had a Parrot CK3100 in my old car, so am not adversed to buying their products again...

The IO Play can be bought for under £90 including a Bluetooth iPod connector (charging). Am not sure whether this will also require an Autoleads ISO lead as well? The kit mentions that it uses standard ISO connectors.

Am keen to hear if others have any experience in using/installing the IO Play.

Please also let me know how you get on with your install!

Thanks,

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts