Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the internal ATF is located for Trajet 2003 and newer models, and how difficult it is to replace?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Does anyone know where the internal ATF is located for Trajet 2003 and newer models, and how difficult it is to replace?
Is it a 2003? Newer? I think you must own more than one. Need to know which.
Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Has been answered previously. Must pull A/T from vehicle, put on desk, split case.

No need to know which one. Internal filter is same all over on any of the F4A4x trannys.

Screw on filter can is easier to replace but 2003 will not have one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has been answered previously. Must pull A/T from vehicle, put on desk, split case.

No need to know which one. Internal filter is same all over on any of the F4A4x trannys.

Screw on filter can is easier to replace but 2003 will not have one.
This what I would love to hear. My original A/T had an external can filter , the new one which I don't know its model, has an internal filter , and they're all interchangeable, as far as I know . I thought it was an easy job , but clearly, this not the case. I don't think I need to bother anymore, unless it becomes necessary. Thank you for helping me out, on this.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My original A/T had an external can filter , the new one which I don't know its model, has an internal filter.

They all have an internal filter, kind of a sump sieve before the pump. Blue can filter is additional on the early A/Ts and filters only the oil going thru the valve body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts