Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2011 Santa Fe. Two weeks ago, the right window stopped working. Neither the left or right switch had any effect. All other windows worked. A few minutes later it was ok and has been since. Today the left window did the same thing; was inop for a while then ok. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I actually just experienced this myself today. Right window would not respond for a few seconds and then works fine. Only affected the "down" button, up was fine.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
If your 2011 is still under 60K miles, I'd definitely make it a dealer's problem to deal with it under warranty.

The driver's side is 'special', but the passenger front is very straightforward in terms of switches and wiring. In order to use the right front's own switch, power must pass through the switch on the driver's side first. If both fail, but all other windows work, that means the driver's side switch has power and ground, so the switch assembly on the driver's side is highly suspect. Slim odds of having two motors on opposite sides misbehaving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts