Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 santa fe has started to play up when trying to start it.
Running fine and went into supermarket and when I came out turned over but wouldn't start. Called out breakdown service and when he arrived 30 mins later he turned key and started straight away. Drove home and parked up and tried starting 2 hours later and fired up straight away. Started ok to go to work this mornng and tonight to come home. Stopped at my local shop and when I came out it turned over and wouldn't start again. Sat there for ten minutes and it started first time again.
Anybody have any ideas on this.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
My first guess at this stage it is is the crankshaft position sensor. It's common they start of failing when hot. A check for a code may help. If you can locate it the trick is to wait till it stops and pour cold water over it to cool it down. If it then restarts replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been running fine up until tonight on my way home when it cut out whilst driving. Left it for 15mins and started straight away and run perfectly all the way home a distance of over twenty miles. It's just like someone turning off the fuel. Could this be a sensor breaking down ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,924 Posts
What you describe is a common symptom of the crank sensor breaking down when it gets hot, as charlescrown mentioned above. Not an easy task to pour cold water over the sensor on your engine though.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts