Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my sister has a 2007 Azera and sometimes the car doesn't want to start after a drive and she gets stuck. Battery is less than 1 year old. I poked around the under the hood fuse box and to me it looks like a wire is missing next to a yellow sticker under the fuse box. It looks like a nut is missing and a wire maybe. I was hoping someone could look at their fuse box and compare to my picture so I can rule it out. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Your car has the classic signs of a dying crankshaft position sensor. You should scan and see if it's logged a code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your car has the classic signs of a dying crankshaft position sensor. You should scan and see if it's logged a code.
There are no codes, but I just found out from her it happens when cold too. So please disregard the temperature thing. She told me that it can sit all day and sometimes won't start.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,392 Posts
Is this a crank, no start?
Or is it a no crank, no start?

Note if the wire is missing then wouldn't the engine always not start??
Doubt there is a problem with a wire near the yellow sticker.

If no crank, no start then do a starter relay by-pass test.
Youtube has many videos on how to do this safely and not blowup the ECM.
Sometimes corrosion on the battery posts and cable terminals can cause these issues.
Also, don't forget to clean the grounding points on the chassis.

If it is a crank no start then go for the basic checks
Spark, injector pulse, fuel pump prime, etc
This should give you an idea of which direction to go with troubleshooting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this a crank, no start?
Or is it a no crank, no start?

Note if the wire is missing then wouldn't the engine always not start??
Doubt there is a problem with a wire near the yellow sticker.

If no crank, no start then do a starter relay by-pass test.
Youtube has many videos on how to do this safely and not blowup the ECM.
Sometimes corrosion on the battery posts and cable terminals can cause these issues.
Also, don't forget to clean the grounding points on the chassis.

If it is a crank no start then go for the basic checks
Spark, injector pulse, fuel pump prime, etc
This should give you an idea of which direction to go with troubleshooting
It's a crank no start that just seems to randomly appear. Sometimes the car starts and sometimes you wait a bit and try and it will start. It always cranks though.

The grounds were the first thing I checked for her. I cleaned the battery terminals too. Plugs were changed not too long ago.

I tried to look up pictures of the fuse box and some people don't have a wire there. Not sure it it's an issue or why whoever owned the car before her would have done it like that. It looks aftermarket and like a wire should be secured with a nut to the metal stud. Thats why I wanted to see someone else's fuse box.

Also, are problems with the key common? I once had a Maxima that would crank no start, turned out the chip in the key died from the magnets at a cash register.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Looking at your pic if there was something missing it would not be intermittent. I think there never was anything connected to that terminal.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,392 Posts
Being intermittent, it is not an easy issue to figure out.
But, when it doesn't want to start then check for spark.
Listen for the fuel pump to run while cranking
Test light can be used to see if the injectors are getting signal from ECU to fire

When you turn the key to "ON" position, does the key symbol show and then go out??

·
Registered
2006 Azera Limited
3 Posts
Hi all, my sister has a 2007 Azera and sometimes the car doesn't want to start after a drive and she gets stuck. Battery is less than 1 year old. I poked around the under the hood fuse box and to me it looks like a wire is missing next to a yellow sticker under the fuse box. It looks like a nut is missing and a wire maybe. I was hoping someone could look at their fuse box and compare to my picture so I can rule it out. Thanks.
I have the same problem. It's intermittent, but I havent had to wait longer than 3 minutes for the car to start. So until becomes a bigger problem, I wasn't going to address it. It was my suspicion that it might be related to the car alarm somehow, but I have nothing to base that on. My key light on the dash does come on, but does not go out. I'm interested in everyone's input on this as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts