Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Having an issue with my headlight. The right(passenger's) side headlight has been going out somewhat randomly. It always comes back on after a few minutes(but only after I turn them off then back on, or flip the high beams on then off), and sometimes only the low-beam goes out while the high beam stays functional.

I replaced the bulb a little over a month ago, but this has started to occur within the past week. I am going to get a new bulb to see if it's a defective bulb, just in case, but as the car has nearly 170,000 miles I have to suspect something more may be wrong - particularly since I know I need to replace the left(driver's) headlight bulb socket because part of it is MELTED(though still fully functional).

So where should I be looking for the problem if the new bulb doesn't fix it?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hello. Having an issue with my headlight. The right(passenger's) side headlight has been going out somewhat randomly. It always comes back on after a few minutes(but only after I turn them off then back on, or flip the high beams on then off), and sometimes only the low-beam goes out while the high beam stays functional.

I replaced the bulb a little over a month ago, but this has started to occur within the past week. I am going to get a new bulb to see if it's a defective bulb, just in case, but as the car has nearly 170,000 miles I have to suspect something more may be wrong - particularly since I know I need to replace the left(driver's) headlight bulb socket because part of it is MELTED(though still fully functional).

So where should I be looking for the problem if the new bulb doesn't fix it?
You need to save your money. Forget the bulb. Check the socket and make sure the tabs are bowed up nice. If OK. Trace the ground. Also, The B+ feeding the bulb has problems with corrosion getting in the wire. Trace the feed back to the fuse box. Actually start at the box and you may find it close.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Additional info that I just realized. I don't see how this could affect anything, but I've long since learned never to leave out any information; The lights have always gone out right after I've refueled the car. Never in between refuelings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts