Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing fluctuating fan speeds while in heating mode. I'm aware that the 'Auto' setting will adjust the fan speed as required, but in my case even when still cold, the fan speed will audibly die down even though the indicator still shows at one bar below full speed.

Interestingly, if i nudge the window down a bit, the fan speed will instantly kick back up. If i close the window, the fan dies down again. (Again, the interior temp is NOT at the desired set point as I'm still trying to heat the car shortly after startup in frigid Canada)

The same thing happens even if i take the climate control off AUTO and set the temp to HI and the fan to MAX. It will blow very hard and loud for a bit, then just dies down on its own. (Touching a window button fires it back up).

Can this be an electrical issue?

Thanks,

Coke

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Just an idea and only an idea.

When all the windows are closed, at leat my SF is pretty tight inside SO maybe the air being pumped in by the fan is not escaping fast enough therefore maybe the cabin can only hold so much of the air!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just an idea and only an idea.

When all the windows are closed, at leat my SF is pretty tight inside SO maybe the air being pumped in by the fan is not escaping fast enough therefore maybe the cabin can only hold so much of the air!
^This.

Also, mine seems to increase the fan speed while I'm accelerating, and slows while idling. I'm no expert, so I just hashed this to maybe more juice being pumped into the electrical system from the alternator while under load.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yeah, not only is the fan louder than I'd like it to be, it also acts like crazy the way you describe. I've sent that complaint to Hyundai but I don't think they care.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, not only is the fan louder than I'd like it to be, it also acts like crazy the way you describe. I've sent that complaint to Hyundai but I don't think they care.
I have noticed on my do as well, but very settle. Fan seems dip down a little and back up
when I press on the brake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just noticed this yesterday with the AC on, set to LO at about 3 bars with auto off. Fan speed kept fluctuating up and down every few seconds. I just thought it was a weird fluke.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know if any of you have experienced this, not only does braking causes the fan to slow down and back up, but if I'm in a idling position and crank my steering wheel full one way, the fan will also slow down and ramp back up. I've also noticed the headlights and dome lights (if on) will dim slightly too and back up as if the voltage level is not kept up because of the load. I have feeling either the battery or alternator is underrated for its application? This usually happens when your battery or alternator is about to die, but this is a brand new car?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I find the alternator voltage is not constant on this vehicle. At one time it can be 14.5 volts and then it drops to 12.5 volts minutes later. I have a digital gauge always plugged into my cigarette lighter socket and it senses when the alternator turns off and on. When the lights are on, the voltage generally stays higher. It has always been like this.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I find the alternator voltage is not constant on this vehicle. At one time it can be 14.5 volts and then it drops to 12.5 volts minutes later. I have a digital gauge always plugged into my cigarette lighter socket and it senses when the alternator turns off and on. When the lights are on, the voltage generally stays higher. It has always been like this.
Did you monitor the voltage on your previous vehicles?....If so, did the voltage stay constant?..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turbofan
"I have a digital gauge always plugged into my cigarette lighter socket and it senses when the alternator turns off and on."

As bat-sh*t insane as this sounds to me; thank God for people like you! ��

·
Registered
544 Posts
Did you monitor the voltage on your previous vehicles?....If so, did the voltage stay constant?..
Yes, but with a self made LED bar graph gauge. The voltage was usually constant and never had a 2 volt swing. Seems like the SF better controls battery balancing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts