Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a failure to start when I push the button, on and off for a couple weeks now on my 2016 Tucsan. One time I called AAA only to have it start up fine after 15 minutes or so. I took it to a local shop but they couldn't replicate the issue and fortunately didn't charge me. But I don't want to be caught out somewhere and have it not start. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,890 Posts
What type of non start fault are you experiencing? Does the engine fail to crank over, or does it crank and not fire up?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I push the button and absolutely nothing. But then after a while it will work as normal. I did change the battery in the key fob but still have the intermittent problem. And the car battery is less than six months old.

·
Registered
744 Posts
possibly the brake light switch, or transmission range switch, next time hold the button in for 30 seconds and see if it helps

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,890 Posts
I push the button and absolutely nothing.
By "absolutely nothing" do you mean the ignition doesn't even switch on, so no dash warning lights and the electric steering lock doesn't disengage?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
I push the button and absolutely nothing. But then after a while it will work as normal. I did change the battery in the key fob but still have the intermittent problem. And the car battery is less than six months old.
I don't have a car with a push button start.
But, have experienced when I turn the key and nothing happens.
It occurred several times unexpectedly (randomly).

First, I cleaned the battery posts and cable terminals.
Followed the negative cable and cleaned the chassis ground.
I also changed the ignition switch. Did not have another "nothing happened".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts