Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Genesis has been an very reliable car until about a month ago. The a/c has been used very heavily for 10 years and it was blowing air that wasn’t cold enough to be effective. I brought it to a very reputable garage and they had to replace the compressor.
The problem now is that ever since the a/c was repaired, the cruise control keeps failing.
I brought the car back to the same garage and they resolved the problem, but when I picked it up it wouldn’t work for me. I called them to tell them I was bringing it back. It actually worked one time before I took it back, but later the same day day it stopped working again. After getting it back to the garage they got it to work again. But again, it wouldn’t work when I took it home. Apparently it is an intermittent problem, but for the most part it just doesn’t work. I called the garage again to say that I have to bring it back again, and I spoke directly with the mechanic. He said that he has over 18 years of experience fixing automotive electrical systems, but he is dumbfounded by this problem. He understands it stopped working AFTER the compressor was replaced, but he has no idea how the two things could be related.
I could really use some feedback on Genesis cruise control failures.
I’m also looking for feedback on whether or not there is ANY connection between the air conditioning system and the cruise control in this car.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I would use a flight recorder and record the event. Go through the data and see what dropped out that killed the cruise. Ask if the have a flight recorder. Some dealers will have one but not all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never heard of that but it sounds like a great idea. I will ask the mechanic if he knows where I can get one. Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 2009 Genesis has been an very reliable car until about a month ago. The a/c has been used very heavily for 10 years and it was blowing air that wasn’t cold enough to be effective. I brought it to a very reputable garage and they had to replace the compressor.
The problem now is that ever since the a/c was repaired, the cruise control keeps failing.
I brought the car back to the same garage and they resolved the problem, but when I picked it up it wouldn’t work for me. I called them to tell them I was bringing it back. It actually worked one time before I took it back, but later the same day day it stopped working again. After getting it back to the garage they got it to work again. But again, it wouldn’t work when I took it home. Apparently it is an intermittent problem, but for the most part it just doesn’t work. I called the garage again to say that I have to bring it back again, and I spoke directly with the mechanic. He said that he has over 18 years of experience fixing automotive electrical systems, but he is dumbfounded by this problem. He understands it stopped working AFTER the compressor was replaced, but he has no idea how the two things could be related.
I could really use some feedback on Genesis cruise control failures.
I’m also looking for feedback on whether or not there is ANY connection between the air conditioning system and the cruise control in this car.
There is no disernable connection between the AC and cruise control. Are you accidentally touching the brake or clutch? The tolerances are pretty tight there, just a touch on either can shut off the cruise control. It almost sounds like the cruise control brake or clutch switch is set too close. Maybe the CC switch has become defective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts