Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the CEL come on and stay lit for about a few days and it went away before I can schedule for service. It was gone for a few days and it came back. Same thing happened again though, within 2 days the light went away again before I can schedule something. It continues to remain off for now and it's been 2 days since the last time it came on. Nothing else wrong with the vehicle, haven't felt it drive weird either and all oil changes are done timely at a Hyundai dealer.

Only thing that's changed on the vehicle is the dealer replaced my gas tank due to the random gas pump shutting off issue while pumping. They also replaced the gas cap during my last visit. Hoping the forum may have some thoughts on what can be triggering the CEL to come on intermittently. Next time the light comes on I'm thinking of stopping by an Autozone and having them check with an OBDII reader.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dont need light to scan.. once light been lit, code is stored in memory until somebody go in and manually erase it..

NON-FATAL code logic will illuminate light to tell driver we have concern, go have it checked,, after a few key cycle, logic let light turn off, but code still in memory,, and after so many key cycle, we will turn light on again as reminder to have inspected..

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Very good stuff! Think of Kings Hawaiian bread. Quite addictive.
ah. actually, that is pao doce, or portuguese sweet bread. very popular in hawaii. my aunt was the head cake decorator at king's bakery for years. she made the cake at our wedding, way back in 1973. also made an ice sculpture of a swan. very talented lady, used to win the pillsbury bakeoff for years. tragically murdered by her adopted son. i have never tried the bread, but i see it all the time.
King?s Hawaiian founder built an empire on those amazing sweetbread rolls | South Bay History

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
back to the post, it more than likely is a evap code related to something they did with the tank.

Interesting about the bread, though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So bringing this back up for an update. Dealer returned my car stating the evap code (as SVTfocus suggested) was cleared and the vehicle is fine. Fast forward to late October I get the same error code so I'm taking it back in tomorrow. Noticed the car hesitates to start once in a while and that's not always on a cold start. Not sure if it's a separate battery issue so I'll ask to check that as well.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Going way back....I would agree with SVT.....If this all started right after the fuel tank was replaced they may have left an evap leak present (Loose fitting / pipe or hose connection) or possibly left a wiring connector loose.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you know the code, that would be nice, but they should find it and fix it. Smoke machine helps for sure. good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer thinks it's faulty fuel injectors which they ordered parts and waiting for it now. The codes they found were P017200 and P016800. Parts should be coming within the next few days so we'll see once they replace it.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Can you send a pic of the work order?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
So the first picture is when I first dropped it off while getting an oil change and the second picture is recent.
Chadd, the tech, did not specify any testing being done. He's guessing the injectors are the problem. My issue with this is for the injectors to be causing the rich codes there's usually other symptoms and usually other codes. I would thought there would have been at the very least a fuel pressure test done.
I hope for your sake he guessed right.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input grcauto. I'm hoping they're able to figure this out without having to constantly go back for another test. Funny thing is, after my previous dealer replaced my fuel tank because I was unable to completely fill up at the gas station I'm having the same issue now. So I'm finding myself peeling back the rubber guard again while filling up which is pretty annoying. Will bring this issue up when I go back for the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Poor documentation... ask them if they understand the web training we all had to do for "Proper Documentaition - Lemon Law" ,, and why they did not apply it to your invoice.....

Customer states car broken.... ordered parts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
**Update**
Replaced the fuel injectors and also air filter as dealer suggested. Drove around for a week and car felt fine until 2 days ago when the CEL came back on AGAIN. Just last night I felt the car shudder as it turned over and saw the rpm drop below 1k momentarily. Didn't get a chance to speak with anyone when I picked up the vehicle as it was after hours. Will take it back to the dealer and report my experience from last night. At what point would this be considered a lemon? This will be my 4th visit for the CEL and 3rd visit for the fueling issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.