Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Long time browser, first time poster.

I've got a 2013 Santa Fe GLS. My back-up/rearview camera is driving me crazy. Last year, it stopped working for a few months (black screen on head unit) then, without any attempted fix, started working again. This lasted for a few months then it went black again back in February or March. I finally got around to ordering a replacement part which arrived last week. On Monday, June 1, it started working again!! That lasted for two days and now I'm back to the blank screen.

I'm in quandary. This strikes me not as a camera issue but perhaps a loose wire in the set-up that activates the back-up camera so I don't want to take the time to install the new camera when that might not fix the issue.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, did you determine a fix?

- Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Check out this video related to the camera replacement.

If your camera electronics have dirt and water intrusion, intermittent functionality is not suprising.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Craig, actually, it was removed and cleaned as a side project when I was getting some body work done in mid-March. It still did not work after that until this week!

·
Registered
86 Posts
How was the camera cleaned? External cleaning of the housing or did you open up the housing and look at the electronics inside?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts