Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking on hmaservice.com for the wiring diagrams for my 08 3-door. I've found the schematic diagram giving the connections, but I haven't seen any wiring colour codes, connector locations, routing paths, or anything like that. Where the heck do I find them? I looked under the ETM heading, in interior lights, but all it gave me was one diagram. The page loaded for hours and hours (according to internet explorer), but never showed anything else.

Has anyone successfully found the diagrams? I remember the diagrams for my old buick (bad car, good diagrams) - they gave nice colour codes, connector locations, and showed how everything worked really clearly. As I recall, they came from Mitchell onDemand, and I'm hoping that someone else can help me out with the new ones.

Thanks!
jptrsn

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Color code is in the general tab and connectors, component locations and harnesses are near the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still can't get it to load properly. I tried it on IE8, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome - nothing worked! All I get are a couple of headings, and no illustrations or text. Aaaaargh! For some reason, it's only in the ETM section for a 2008 Accent MC - the DTC and SHOP sections work fine. I tried a few different vehicles in the ETM section, and none of them work.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? I've even tried it from a couple different computers, and emailing it to myself! Nothing!

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,855 Posts
It's broken for me too -- but I run Linux so I figured that would have something to do with it. :whistling:  I guess not!

When I try to pull up a diagram... (attached, pardon the tiny resolution - my main computer is a 7" netbook. lol!) the frame that has the content is blank. If I right click it brings up a Flash menu that says "Movie not loaded" and has an About Flash option.  Looks like they're trying to use flash for these but they have broken something...

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You all gonna be mad at me......

2008 ETM -- MC w/1.6 comes up just fine with my dealer login.... :bwekk:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the same thing as hoosieraccent - just blank spaces. I even updated to the latest version of flash player (10), but it still doesn't work.

sbr711 - what operating system, browser, and version of flash are you using?

This kind of thing just drives me bananas! :banana:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pages I emailed to myself show up the same as online - nothing but headings!

I'm just trying to figure out where the wire for the overhead dome light is run, and whether it's switched ground or switched positive. I would guess that it runs up the driver's side A pillar, but I don't feel like pulling the headliner to find out. I'm also assuming that it's the same colour code on the wire the whole way up.

I'd like to find somewhere in the driver's or passenger's foot well to tap into that wire (hopefully near a connector). From what I've seen, it's likely that it'll be a switched ground wire.

Can anyone confirm this for me? Failing that, I'll get out the DMM and start poking around looking for the wire. Just hoping to save myself some time.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Overhead and map light have constant source voltage, switch supply ground to illuminate bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts