Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking at 2022 sonata limited vehicles. I've noticed the gray interior is more so white seats, and what is more interesting I've seen some 2022 gray limited interior have door trims and center console top that match the seats, however some gray trims have all black door panels and center console top.

Do any of you know about this? I've seen a few other exact same color 2022 sonata limited vehicles that have the whitish color seats, but the center console and full door trim panels are black, which doesn't match the seats.

It looks like there are only 3 interior color choices for this trim... camel, black, and gray(which isn't very gray lol).

I pre ordered a gray interior thinking it would look like the pic below, but I've also seen gray interior on the 2022s in limited where the center console and door trims don't match the seats... and thats def not what I want. (I won't know until the car comes in I guess... it's almost like hyundai is just throwing interior parts inside their cars for whatever materials they have leftover)

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle White Light

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another 2022 limited, same exterior color(white), and same interior color designation (gray). Notice the door trim and center console top pad do not match the seats.
White Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
207 Posts
I noticed something similar when I bought my 2020 Limited. I have the camel interior, and my headliner is black (thankfully). Oddly enough there was a new 2021 Limited on the lot in the exact same color combo, but the headliner was camel colored in that one. A very interesting difference since there's no option to swap out headliner color on the Sonata configurator, and the Limited shouldn't come with a black headliner no matter the interior color. So I kind of lucked out with that mix up.

I haven't seen the console lid and door trims not matching the seat colors however. Not sure if to call that an oversight or something else? Either way I hope you get what you want. If not, you should be able to refuse the car at delivery. This is really odd, and I'm curious to see if other members have a similar quirk in their car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input! I'm glad you were able to find what you liked! Yes, time will tell when delivery comes in next week, so fingers crossed. I think camel looks awesome, but they are hard to come by here right now, and most dealers want to charge over msrp for certain color options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts