Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored and didnt like how my trim looked so i wrapped with a metallic matte blue. If you need any assistant to where to buy the wrap for cheap or even how to take apart some of the areas so you can wrap it i can do a step by step on how too. Wrap is fairly cheap and doing it yourself is so much cheaper than having someone else do it and charging you for labor.

·
22,793 Posts
How about some pics of your workmanship and how it looks with the mod?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you

I like the look of it, unique, different.
thank you not gonna lie was skeptical, i was trying to match the luggs and the color scheming i was going was definately afraid it was going to look tacky. Glad you like the uniqueness.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I was bored and didnt like how my trim looked so i wrapped with a metallic matte blue. If you need any assistant to where to buy the wrap for cheap or even how to take apart some of the areas so you can wrap it i can do a step by step on how too. Wrap is fairly cheap and doing it yourself is so much cheaper than having someone else do it and charging you for labor.
Neet mod. I like :=)
Give us the info this would be an interesting project

·
22,793 Posts
Nice job! Looks GREAT! How long did it take and on a degree of difficulty scale, where would you rank the task...1-10?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job! Looks GREAT! How long did it take and on a degree of difficulty scale, where would you rank the task...1-10?
To be honest the task was 4 in difficulty, the doors are easy to pry off and the side panels are also easy to pry off. It took me about 2 1/2 because take off the door because i did it at my friends garage its the doors was the one that took me more time because i had to take it off and wrap and tuck. But if you had a garage it be easier so you dont have to take it off and walk a min too the garage and do it. The air condition trims are a lil difficult because there are bolts holding them in so you have to becareful on pulling them out you dont want to break any plastic parts that are bolted in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neet mod. I like :=)
Give us the info this would be an interesting project
For Wrap, Vinyl Wraps
are my go to guys for wrap. Next you just need a heat gun. I also used a blow dryer i kid you not when i worked at home on my vents. Those are the materials you need wrap, squeegee, heat gun, scissors and retractable box cutters.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Nice work and thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Im impressed I like it. I was thinking about doing mine in a something like a DiNoc myself, but I am way to anal about making thing look perfect haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
What did you use to remove the trim? Where did you apply pressure? I've removed many tirm prices before and there is usually a procedure to be followed. Any chances you would make a write up on removal of the trim?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts