Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade the speakers immediately. Anyone know the sizes in the front and back ?? and sets of speakers that works great and doesn't cause issues with the amp. money isnt an issue! thanks for the help

·
Registered
261 Posts
Try searching. There are a whole bunch of threads already started about aftermarket speakers

·
Registered
183 Posts
6 1/2 to 6 3/4 - like FarNorth said... there are many threads on upgrading the speakers. I would highly suggest reading it and looking at the many different model numbers that people have successfully installed. Crutchfield said that mine would not fit but based on the threads, I looked at other model mounting depth and diameter and determined that mine would fit. They did and now I'm happy that I didn't go off what crutchfield said. Very useful information in the thread started by silvergls.

·
22,788 Posts
+1. What they said, Rob. There's more info on this sub-forum about speaker and sound mods than you can read in one night. Something for EVERYBODY. From custom made, sound-enhancing, fiberglass subwoofer boxes, to head units, to speakers, to amps, to wiring. You name it, it'll turn up with a good search.

Example: I entered "speaker" in the forum's search engine. Received hits on 500 threads, each with posts inside relating to "speakers." Yep, sit down, enjoy your evening, and read, read, read, and take notes.

·
22,788 Posts
^^ And THAT, sir, is why I have postponed ANY speaker/sound upgrades on Ingrid. I like the KISS analogy: "Keep It Simple, Stupid!"

Signed, Stupid.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
It's interesting to me how it ended up ...

Most cars, (Ford, GM, somewhat Honda), speakers are an easy drop in upgrade if you are comfortable pulling the door panel off. Head units can be a nightmare with OnStar and chimes and integrated HVAC controls.

Head unit swap is a snap on the Kia/Hyundai's, but speaker replacement is a chore.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I changed out my fronts with components and the rears with coaxials. I don't think I would say this was "too hard". Maybe more difficult than some other cars, but if you don't like the idea of cutting the factory speakers and reusing the factory spacers, then it's as simple as getting spacers with your speaker purchase. If you find silvergls's thread, this will all make more sense. And following his thread to a T will save you TONS of time.

It's time consuming, but not impossible Rich. ;-)

·
22,788 Posts
It's time consuming, but not impossible Rich. ;-)
Scotty, I understand that. I'll be 65 on Sunday. Don't know how much time I have left! :wink2: I don't assume I'll be here tomorrow. I've even quit buying green bananas and firm avocados.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Scotty, I understand that. I'll be 65 on Sunday. Don't know how much time I have left! :wink2: I don't assume I'll be here tomorrow. I've even quit buying green bananas and firm avocados.
:) I'm sure you're doing fine. Also, happy early birthday! My sister's birthday is also on the 9th and mine is on the 18th.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Looking to upgrade the speakers immediately. Anyone know the sizes in the front and back ?? and sets of speakers that works great and doesn't cause issues with the amp. money isnt an issue! thanks for the help
Good source and reference is Crutchfield online. They can show you all their speakers that will fit, plus a lot of installation tips. I used them for my speakers and they include the speaker adapters so it's basically plug & play for the speaker connectors. Bit more work of course for the actual install, esp if the front speakers are riveted like they were in mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will search up when I get home , was looking for the quick answer by someone giving me speakers that have worked for em ! But thanks for the help I'll be more aware of the search engine and it's uses

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Will search up when I get home , was looking for the quick answer by someone giving me speakers that have worked for em ! But thanks for the help I'll be more aware of the search engine and it's uses
lol, you're welcome but keep in mind like most things automotive, speakers and audio systems are truly subjective. The hard facts and data is pretty much objective, but how it all sounds is really just each person's view/opinion - you need to check out and listen first to determine what works for you.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Absolutely - Infinity speakers are generally well regarded, but I've heard them either described as "bright" or "shrill/harsh", depends on perspective and user opinion.
If one were to compare to the stock speakers, I'd say it's brighter. Compared, the stockers would appear muddy and muffled, and not bright but biting. Upgrading to the Infinitys did require me to alter the tone settings.

I have the factory headunit with no external amp and the Reference series works great. Better efficiency with no problems with the factory amp driving it. However the bass is still weak, cleaner but weak. For that a sub corrected that situation.

If going with the high wattage external amp route, then the Kappas might be a better choice. I had Kappa tweeters in the past and it did require a higher wattage amp. The Reference tweeters on the other hand works equal or if not greater than the stock tweeters in the Elantra. Equal meaning no loss in volume and efficiency.

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Based on the quality of the stock speakers I removed from my car I believe any aftermarket speakers will sound better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
So true.

I was just making a product owner's observation. If one wanted to see speakers that are IMO worst, my Silverado work truck is it. Cheap is putting it on a pedestal. Both door speakers started buzzing until they finally blew out. Making it worst, I don't ever have it turned up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts