Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,
I've got a 2009 Limited I4 with the grey interior, and I was hoping someone here could help me out. I take extremely good care of my car, and everything still looks factory fresh with the exception of the interior kick panels on each door. No matter how careful I am with getting in and out of the car, both the driver and passenger sides have surface scratches that contrast against the darker grey non scratched plastics. Does anyone have any advice on how to repair these? I've tried various interior protectant products (f21, armorall, etc), and none of them work very effectively, or for very long.
Thanks,
BigdogBTS

:liebe011:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive had the same issue with mine and have found Turtle Wax Ice for interiors works the best to hide the scratches but doesnt completely hide them, my interior is dark charcoal almost black and I think I may try some shoe polish.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (dave2.4 @ Jun 1 2010, 11:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328505
Ive had the same issue with mine and have found Turtle Wax Ice for interiors works the best to hide the scratches but doesnt completely hide them, my interior is dark charcoal almost black and I think I may try some shoe polish.
Shoe Polish? There are professional Detailers that will come to your House or Office and use the proper Cleaners. We have

a Member here Tommer who tried Shoe Polish in his Hair. He looked stunning but smelled like a Bowling Alley :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on what I've read on some other forums, the interior ice seems like the best place to start. I'll give it a shot and post some updated pics of the before and after.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually saw that forum post when I was searching for an answer (yes, i actually searched before starting a new thread). It didn't specifically mention any scratches, so I wasn't sure if I would be posting in the right forum. I guess it would make sense that Hyundai would use the same grade of plastics for all their interiors. It's funny, but about 15 years ago I found a product that was essentially a liquid silicone gel meant for interiors, which would have probably worked like a charm in this situation. It was greasy, and slippery as all get out, but would turn even the most faded grey plasics back to black, and lasted a decent amount of time. I only remember seeing it in stores for a few months, and then never saw it again.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Although I am mad at my Mobile Guy right now, he has a Trailer with hundreds of different products. He made my Sonata look better

than when I first bought it. They send them to School for 3 Weeks and wind up restoration experts. My Sonata had gone through 3

Hurricanes in 2005, (Wilma, Katrina, and Rita), and although mostly wrapped in Plastic upon delivery, all they did was hose it off. :w00t:

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (bigdogbts @ Jun 1 2010, 05:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328570
I actually saw that forum post when I was searching for an answer (yes, i actually searched before starting a new thread). It didn't specifically mention any scratches, so I wasn't sure if I would be posting in the right forum. I guess it would make sense that Hyundai would use the same grade of plastics for all their interiors. It's funny, but about 15 years ago I found a product that was essentially a liquid silicone gel meant for interiors, which would have probably worked like a charm in this situation. It was greasy, and slippery as all get out, but would turn even the most faded grey plasics back to black, and lasted a decent amount of time. I only remember seeing it in stores for a few months, and then never saw it again.

I think I remember that gel stuff, did it come in a tube like toothpaste? If so I still have some I think, it was made by 3M.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, it came in a tall, clear bottle with a black flip nozzle top (like the top of this bottle http://www.massageking.com/images/2426/800...-Top%20Cap.jpg). Truthfully, it resembled some of the "tire black" products in consistency, so I may try one of those next. As for the interior Ice, it seems to be a good product, but it was relatively worthless for the scratches on the door. It helped them blend in by maybe a half shade, so now they're somewhat visible instead of glaring. I am going to continue using it instead of AA though, as I liked the way it applied and protected without an overly glossy shine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts