Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having somewhat serious issues with this? I totally understand I bought a hyundai but lately it seems like i'm hearing alot more rattles coming from just about every area of the interior, from the middle console area, to the drivers side door, to the backseat "ticking" sound I hear when I start moving to the glovebox/dash rattle. And this is not just when I hit medium to big bumps, this is pretty much anytime i'm driving at a decent rate of speed.

If I knew I wasn't going to take a humongous debt inducing loss....i'd really try and trade the car in, I love the way it drives...I love the way it looks, but the noises inside the car is just driving me nuts in addition to the actual outside roadnoise that sounds like theres no sound deadening whatsoever within the car.

I've got a "complaint" into hyundai usa, they've "filed" and followed up and suggested I take it to the local service shop at the dealer to have the car "diagnosed".

I'm just trying to get an idea as to whether i'm crazy, an idiot, alone with this problem, all of the above, or one of many who are going through the same issue that I am.

Happy holidays to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It seems like as the weather gets colder more rattles are showing up which will happen with any car. Your best bet is to take it into the dealer and have them look at it. Hyundai already has a lot of tsb out to address a lot of these rattles. So the dealer should be able to fix most if not all of them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
QUOTE (itsjusme51 @ Dec 22 2010, 07:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382547
Is anyone else having somewhat serious issues with this? I totally understand I bought a hyundai but lately it seems like i'm hearing alot more rattles coming from just about every area of the interior, from the middle console area, to the drivers side door, to the backseat "ticking" sound I hear when I start moving to the glovebox/dash rattle. And this is not just when I hit medium to big bumps, this is pretty much anytime i'm driving at a decent rate of speed.

If I knew I wasn't going to take a humongous debt inducing loss....i'd really try and trade the car in, I love the way it drives...I love the way it looks, but the noises inside the car is just driving me nuts in addition to the actual outside roadnoise that sounds like theres no sound deadening whatsoever within the car.

I've got a "complaint" into hyundai usa, they've "filed" and followed up and suggested I take it to the local service shop at the dealer to have the car "diagnosed".

I'm just trying to get an idea as to whether i'm crazy, an idiot, alone with this problem, all of the above, or one of many who are going through the same issue that I am.

Happy holidays to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not crazy. My Sonata is also plagued with at least 6 unique rattles/ticks/buzzes in the interior. I am at my wits end as well and plan to trade just to maintain my sanity.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My car also has rattles when the road is not even in cold weather. I only drove for 19 days. Can the dealer solve this problem? Anyone tried with the dealer?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hooray.... another my car makes weird noises and I still haven't taken it to the dealer but I want to complain about it thread...... :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts