Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have this interior rattle that sounds like the engine noise resonating through the interior. It only happens when RPM is between 2 and 2.5k.

Video:

I took off the entire splash shield and held the heat shield for the catalytic converter and it still does it. Took out radio, noise was still there and could not find it when I had my hand reaching around in there. Definitely more to the right side and deep in the dash. Could be something vibrating against the body but I can't figure it out.

Anyone has thoughts that would be really helpful.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It may be hard to track the source of the noise. When my Elantra was new I heard a vibration noise on passenger side. I swore it was coming from passenger door. It became louder and distracting. Took it to dealership and the tech found the passenger sun visor was not clipped. I felt foolish. That did take car of the noise. Then had another noise I swore was coming from passenger door. I took a year to figure out it was sunglasses I had in the above storage area between sun visors. Removed the sun glasses and problem solved. If you have not done so I would take everything out of door pockets, visor storage, glove compartment to see if that changes anything. Good luck!

·
Registered
979 Posts
As @NDSE said, it is very hard to figure out the exact location of a rattle in a vehicle. It often sounds like it's coming from one place, but because there are so many hard surfaces in a vehicle, it can be impossible to determine the exact source.

Reactions: NDSE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts