Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 Sonata Limited this week. There are two interior pieces that bother the heck out of me. The first is the infotainment screen and second, the piano black on the shifter and console. Has anyone successfully disassembled and vinyl wrapped the piano black pieces? Has anyone purchased or made a screen protector for the infotainment screen?

Where can I purchase the factory service manuals for this vehicle?

Thank You

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t know where you live but there’s a shop here in Louisville, Ky that can disassemble your interior trim, wrap it and reassemble it. There may be some custom shops where you live.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 Sonata Limited this week. There are two interior pieces that bother the heck out of me. The first is the infotainment screen and second, the piano black on the shifter and console. Has anyone successfully disassembled and vinyl wrapped the piano black pieces? Has anyone purchased or made a screen protector for the infotainment screen?
Piano Black... they will never learn... :rolleyes: I hated it on TV's, PC's & now in a vehicle (looks cheap & too much glare)... I've unfortunately just come to accept this as it's not going away.

I prefer knobs & never had a touch screen vehicle (nor do I adapt well with them..) & assume stop driving before I'd ever buy a vehicle with one. But in light of this pandemic, & deconing my knobs & touch points nearly every time I drive, anyone notice wearing down legends & graphics on the interior?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited DN8
5 Posts

Where can I purchase the factory service manuals for this vehicle?

Thank You
I installed carbon fiber pieces over my piano black pieces around the shifter

·
Registered
72 Posts
i hope you guys aint using paypal. i had a long bout with them about a dashcam i bought from china. suckers sent me a really bad knockoff, and i disputed it. paypal wants the item sent back, with tracking. except usps dont do that. ups does, but then freight is like 100 bucks. then, when i google the company, up comes a whole pile of complaints, on paypal, about this company. they have several websites, and do all kinds of scam stuff, from sending the wrong stuff, to not sending at all. and paypal is not refunding any of the money. it was like paypal is owned by this scam company. i think the parent company is dongguan shunfa. since my paypal account is attached to my bank account, or it was, i just filed a dispute with my bank, and it was immediatly refunded. we rarely use paypal anyway, but these chinese companies can get away with stealing, and they know it.

Absolutely nothing to do with the OP I know but it isn't Paypal as such. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of Chinese scammers on Ebay and it really is time Ebay did something about it.

Forgot the original quote so I copied and pasted it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
this was not ebay. it was paypal. i have been using paypal for years, never had a problem. this time, they failed big time. paypal just would not refund, even tho this company had violated everything. in my case, they clearly send the wrong item. the kicker for them, is that paypal needed me to return the item, with tracking. the item cost 50 bucks. usps freight back was 30, but usps does not offer tracking to china. ups does, but the freight would be in excess of 100. there were dozens of posts on the paypal site just like mine. other posts were like, "ordered projector with sd card, got the card, but no projector. when queried, they said they could not provide both for the price." wtf? they advertised the item. a lot got something completely different. i finally went thru my bank, and now paypal will not draw from my bank account, which is fine, because i stopped using them. i spoke to several paypal reps, nothing was done. go look on paypal for dongguan shunfa

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got a notice mine shipped. In 19-39 days, I'll have them! Ok, we hijacked this thread big time!
OK, finally landed in California.... I thunk they brought it over by a row boat... 2 months is way too long.... Hope yours is faster. Expected delivery date is the 27th.

Still worth it since I can't find it anywhere.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
417 Posts
OK, finally landed in California.... I thunk they brought it over by a row boat... 2 months is way too long.... Hope yours is faster. Expected delivery date is the 27th.

Still worth it since I can't find it anywhere.
Good luck!
I almost forgot about this. I just looked and mine was "dispatched" on 5/17 and the USPS appears to be waiting for it with open arms. I signed up for USPS notification.

Meanwhile, I discovered a small crack in my fob, at the top. It looks like the silicone case will cover it. I am now using a foam bag when I put in my pocket with my work keys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I almost forgot about this. I just looked and mine was "dispatched" on 5/17 and the USPS appears to be waiting for it with open arms. I signed up for USPS notification.

Meanwhile, I discovered a small crack in my fob, at the top. It looks like the silicone case will cover it. I am now using a foam bag when I put in my pocket with my work keys.
I would've forgotten about it, if it was for the tracking # in my Google history. Ya, I can tell these nice looking fobs are gonna look bad in a year or two... I already have a few scratches, and 95% of the time is spent in my kitchen drawer. Glad I purchased multiple covers.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
95 Posts
I just looked and mine was "dispatched" on 5/17 and the USPS appears to be waiting for it with open arms.
I've got something else like that. Shipped from China May 4, made it to California port May 8, and this is what it's done since then...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Usually, when I have a China-sourced shipment crawling here to Phoenix, it can take as little as a day from the point the L.A. checkpoint appears. At most, three.

We are really getting into the travels of our cheap silicone key fob protectors a little too much... or we just really want to stop worrying about the fob. (latter for me)

·
Registered
417 Posts
@Bill Fletcher ... nice! I was just thinking about this when I grabbed my key tonight. So glad to see it fits well. I ordered 2. Maybe should have got more. I guess it depends on how much abuse you put it through. When (if) I go back to work, it's going to be rubbing up a bunch of keys all day.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts