Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering what could I expect my dealer to do about a small noise coming from the headliner right about over my head when I'm driving on rough roads around 30mph. I have pushed up with my finger in this area and it seems to help the noise. It seems right around the little microphone grill, somewhere in that general area. Noise didn't make itself apparent until it got colder, I'm in Minnesota. Can the dealer take down the headliner without too much trouble? Will it be costly to fix?

thank you!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
personally I would not care if they needed to pull the dash board out of the car to solve a problem that I was not happy with. You paid for the car and should not have to settle b/c it's too much work. Make you self happy go get the noise fixed. I am sure it will only get worse if you don't. But that is just my suggestion.

But no it is not a tremendous amount of work to lower the head liner. They will probably change the retainer clips that hold the liner up. I seen a post in a thread that someone had this issue before and their dealer fixed it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I took the car to the dealer last week for noises in the headliner around the sunroof opening and they dropped the healiner and fixed 2 clips that had come loose on the passenger side which now those noises are gone, unfortunatly he broke 3 retainer clips and had to order those and said to bring the car back in and he would pop the clips back in. I have to go back in and drop the car off on Monday the 29th for a poping noise in the dash and I will tell him that I'm now getting this noise near the bluetooth mic.

As far as dropping the headliner its not a big deal I can't tell it was done. I'm glad some of the noises are gone and ill be really happy when this tapping sound around the bluetooth mic is gone.

Its under warrenty so call up ur service dept and make an appt for it be looked at. My service dept was great in handling my issue they even shuttled me to a local mall to do some shopping while they fixed the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's a catch-22. You want the problem fixed, but the monkeys at the stealership are ALWAYS going to break, or mar, or scratch something when fooling with the interior.

·
Registered
330 Posts
a sarcastic rule of thumb is that if you bring a car into fix something, they fix something but break something else in the process... if its a small thing like this (I have it as well) I wouldnt take the risk

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I had a similar rattle explained by the OP. I started feeling around and pushing up and there is a body clip about 6 - 8 inches towards the rear of the microphone. I ended up pushing hard in that area and the snap "resnapped" and I have not heard from that rattle/squeak again.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will maybe try to push up behind the microphone and see if I can locate any clip there. Otherwise I will take it to the dealer soon.
There are definitely more noises starting since it has gotten cold in here in Minnesota. I guess that is to be expected with the plastic parts of any car. I love the heated seats though, put it on high and you are too warm within a few minutes and need to shut it off.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (fragile @ Nov 30 2010, 09:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375771
There are definitely more noises starting since it has gotten cold in here in Minnesota. I guess that is to be expected with the plastic parts of any car.
Yeah, lots of hard plastic that changes shape in the cold. I notice a lot behind the cluster until the air in the ducts warms up and then they go away. I suspect that in the future this will become more annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts