Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just got my 2013 Elantra in Pearl White GLS Preferred Package about a month ago, and since then the interior lights fuse has blown twice. The first time I took it back to the dealer and they replaced a fuse. It then worked for about a week or so and they're out again. Also, the passenger fog lamp keeps just blowing bulbs. Any advice?? I hate to think my brand new car is having issues already! I hate going to the dealer because you sit there forever, but is this the path I should take? I'm not about to mess around with any electrical things on my own! Bad previous experience lol
Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds like a Subaru we once had. It kept blowing an interior fuse that was finally traced to a short in the wire to one of the vanity mirror lights. It took multiple trips to the dealer before someone finally figured it out. As much of a pain as it is, keep at it with the dealer. Electrical glitches like this can be tough to find, but this is a new car and it should be fixed by them. I'd give them three strikes, then study up on Florida's Lemon Law. Good luck.

Geoff

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. Replacing the fuse and testing the operation is the first step. However in your case the problem reoccured. Since they've already replaced the fuse, they will proceed to the next step. Note the problems to the service writer and leave it for them.

·
22,788 Posts
I hate going to the dealer because you sit there forever, but is this the path I should take? I'm not about to mess around with any electrical things on my own! Bad previous experience lol Thanks in advance everyone!
This is the ONLY path you should take. Let the dealer handle it. Unless you are a trained and certified Hyundai technician, refrain from attempting a warranted repair. You've narrowed down the two areas in question: interior lamps and passenger fog light. That should give the technician a good lead in finding the root cause for the failures.

If you were to ask for a show of hands from everyone that "enjoys" sitting in a customer service waiting room, you might be there for quite some time looking for the first hand go up.

Remember, you can take your car to ANY Hyundai dealer for repair. "IF" you're not getting satisfactory results, consider having another dealer take a crack at it...it's no money out of your pocket, except for the extra travel time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I second Rich's comments! Let the dealer handle the repair. They have all the knowledge and tools to diagnose and resolve the problem. Keep in mind that a fuse is simply a protective device that is designed to fail should there be a problem elsewhere in the circuit. It takes the hit so other more critical and expensive components don't. Then too, you've got to remember that cars are assembled by humans. Maybe the guy installing your wiring was too busy checking out the butt of some young female co-worker rather than paying attention to his job.

·
22,788 Posts
+1 Bob550. I've worked on an assembly line. You are exactly spot-on in that assessment. And one doesn't have to be in that type of manufacturing environment for what you mentioned to occur. We're only human, after all.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I guess I'm lucky to have my dealer right next to the manufacture where I work. I drop my car there just before going to work, I walk to work, 5 minutes, at noon or at 5h00 I ask a co-worker to drop me at Hyundai to get my car back. As easy as that for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is the ONLY path you should take. Let the dealer handle it. Unless you are a trained and certified Hyundai technician, refrain from attempting a warranted repair. You've narrowed down the two areas in question: interior lamps and passenger fog light. That should give the technician a good lead in finding the root cause for the failures.

If you were to ask for a show of hands from everyone that "enjoys" sitting in a customer service waiting room, you might be there for quite some time looking for the first hand go up.

Remember, you can take your car to ANY Hyundai dealer for repair. "IF" you're not getting satisfactory results, consider having another dealer take a crack at it...it's no money out of your pocket, except for the extra travel time.
I dont know Rich, my dealer always has a copious amount of home made chocolate chip cookies as well as free massages (and mani/pedis) in the waiting area..
I'd call that (somewhat) of a win, hahaha

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont know Rich, my dealer always has a copious amount of home made chocolate chip cookies as well as free massages (and mani/pedis) in the waiting area..
I'd call that (somewhat) of a win, hahaha
My girlfriends Hyundai Veloster interior neon mood lights are not working. Dealership says they are and were not an option on the Veloster. They say it is probably an aftermarket. Does anyone know if there was an option for these from the factory?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts