Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got my 2011 Sonata around two months ago and the interior dome light on the driver's side won't turn off. If you set the light setting to Door and open the door the passenger side light turns on and off when it's closed.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
68 Posts
Both interior lights have a 'push' on and off feature........ So push the driver's side light 'in'....this should turn it 'off', and then it will operate as with the setting selected 'door'

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
What the poster meant was the light may have accidentally been pushed in leaving it in the on position. So pushing it again will take it out of always on anf back to on when door opens.

Make sure all doors are closed when you push it so you can see if it actually turns off or not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (Jon Swinghammer @ Oct 15 2010, 11:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363684
Hi,

I got my 2011 Sonata around two months ago and the interior dome light on the driver's side won't turn off. If you set the light setting to Door and open the door the passenger side light turns on and off when it's closed.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Jon

I had the same problem with the rear dome light. I had to pull down on the trim ring around the light first, then push up on the light to turn it off.

·
Registered
817 Posts
That is somewhat what I was thinking -

the "push up" switch may be stuck somehow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts