Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Elantra interior lights seem to slightly flicker when the engine is running. Is this normal? I've never noticed it before on my 2011.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
My 2013 Elantra interior lights seem to slightly flicker when the engine is running. Is this normal? I've never noticed it before on my 2011.
Never had this but you could try checking to see if the battery terminals are tight.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
You might also look for a loose ground wire somewhere under the hood. Or try swapping the fuse with another one. Beyond that you might need to have the charging system looked at.

Let us know what you find... might help others in the future :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
ALL the interior lights or just a few specific ones? If its ALL thats a ground/switch/or power issue, could be the rocker switch for the interior lighting, cycle it a few times and try?

If its only a specific light it may need to be removed and reseated.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
My 2013 Elantra interior lights seem to slightly flicker
This might depend on how sensitive you are to tiny changes in brightness.

I think there is at least one other thread on here somewhere about the "new" alternator/regulators and how they work a little differently and cause a slight flicker.....which most people can't detect in normal operation.

A search might turn up something useful.

·
22,793 Posts
I'm lazy! I'd let the dealer assess it! That could be a warranty issue. Might be nothing. At least, hopefully, they can possibly offer you an explanation. At least you could leave with some peace of mind. Well, maybe...depending upon your dealer's competence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts