Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have a couple of questions about some minor mods.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the LED color of the interface inside the car. Im talking about all the parts that glow blue at night. I really like the blue but if there was a way to change it, Id be interested in seeing what other colors there were. Also, if there was a way to change the dome lights.

Another question is about "smoking" the taillights. I have a black GLS and I think smoking the taillights (tinting) would look really cool. However, I would like to know if anyone has done it before and I would like to know what they think. I also would like to know if it is even legal.

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (VisualMethod @ Oct 17 2010, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364165
Alright so I have a couple of questions about some minor mods.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the LED color of the interface inside the car. Im talking about all the parts that glow blue at night. I really like the blue but if there was a way to change it, Id be interested in seeing what other colors there were. Also, if there was a way to change the dome lights.

Another question is about "smoking" the taillights. I have a black GLS and I think smoking the taillights (tinting) would look really cool. However, I would like to know if anyone has done it before and I would like to know what they think. I also would like to know if it is even legal.

Thanks in advance. :D
You and I both live in Chicago. And I've seen other cars with their tail lights blacked out without them being pulled over. As for the interior dash colors there would be a way to change it to whatever color you'd like but its not something that's for a beginner to do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Oct 18 2010, 12:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364271
You and I both live in Chicago. And I've seen other cars with their tail lights blacked out without them being pulled over. As for the interior dash colors there would be a way to change it to whatever color you'd like but its not something that's for a beginner to do.
Yeah that is true. I am from the western suburbs and many people have them smoked but I just thought Id ask. And alright on the LEDs lol I was just wondering so see if it was ever possible. Thanks for the response ^_^

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
I did mine a very little bit

Sent them out to Jon's Tinted Tails (google it), it was expensive and without tail lights for about 2 weeks but the quality is great and 2 stage paint so it will last longer. I tried with adhesive tint first and the contours of the headlights are just too much. Also I've tinted tail lights before with VHT Nightshades but didn't want to risk it on this car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ Oct 19 2010, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364682
I did mine a very little bit

Sent them out to Jon's Tinted Tails (google it), it was expensive and without tail lights for about 2 weeks but the quality is great and 2 stage paint so it will last longer. I tried with adhesive tint first and the contours of the headlights are just too much. Also I've tinted tail lights before with VHT Nightshades but didn't want to risk it on this car.
Alright thanks a lot for the reply. By expensive, how much are we talking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts