Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting rid of the yellow halogen bulbs around the car.

So far, I have done the dome light and rear license plate. T10 LEDs. Ran out of time, but will get the rear dome and need to look at the reverse light.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you have list of all the bulb sizes and quantities required? Is it the same interior bulbs across all trim levels of the GT?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Do you have list of all the bulb sizes and quantities required? Is it the same interior bulbs across all trim levels of the GT?
If your owner manual is arranged like the Santa Fe Sport, check the second or third page of Part 8. It should tell you what specific bulbs are used.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front map/dome are two 168 wedge (T10 LED). The rear dome is a 30-36mm festoon. I used universal fit SMB panels that has an adjustable festoon (see link)

The trunk is also a festoon. I will use the same SMB as the dome.

License plate is two 168 (T10 LED).

Reverse lights are 921 wedge (search for 921 REVERSE light LED)

I haven't done brake or turn signals yet. Those need CANBUS LED lights and I need to do research for those.

If your owner manual is arranged like the Santa Fe Sport, check the second or third page of Part 8. It should tell you what specific bulbs are used.
I didn't find bulb sizes in the manual. I only looked for headlight bulbs, not interior though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot links.

These are the SMD panels
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LVXIABA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the T10 bulbs.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRE38EA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the 921 reverse light bulbs
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0UY50A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used these SMD panels for most of my cars. SUPER bright and you can tie them together and fit a few per panel. The rear dome in my Tucson has 5 of these in the panel. WAY BRIGHT!

Reactions: keeho

·
Registered
669 Posts
Similar to the one I used for the trunk of the SFS here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0...468&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&psc=1
I picked this one because it is almost an exact fit for the size of the lens and as you noted, "superbright".

The problem with my "trunk" is that it is far too easy to block the light since it all comes from one location (above).

I am going to wire a couple small LED strips on either side of my subwoofer and add a switch for loading and unloading.

As you noted, you can use multiples to create a larger panel.

·
Registered
669 Posts
They have these for the truck. I used them on my MINi and there’s a guy in the new Tucson forum that added them. They work great for the trunk.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NQHZ0WC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_24zkjAb4GN1CTN
That's what I am using, except the blue (10000°k) ones. I thought the bright white (6000°k) would be too bright. I want more light, but I don't want extra headlights in the trunk.

I have Opt7 high beams (LED Fluxbeam X 9005) and a couple of their Nova Plasma (square) 31mm festoon LEDs in the interior 'dome' lights. Fogs go in next week (Boltzen AC HID H8 3000°k).

They make good stuff!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Uhm, anyone know what kind bulbs are above the side roof handles for the rear passengers? I managed to pry one open and it looks like the bulb is integrated into the circuit board. What are you guys doing to replace these without ripping the circuit board out?

Attached a pic so you can see the inside bulb of those 2 rear lights above the windows.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just checked, and other than the center-mounted dome light in the middle of the roof, there are no other lights in the rear seat area of my GT.

Either way, that definitely looks like a LED, not halogen.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you have the panoramic sunroof, I think you'll have those LED's for the dome lights under the handles, ray604. The manual says they aren't replacable I think.

Odd that they went for really warm LEDs eh?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That makes sense. Can't have a center mounted light with a glass panel in the way.

As far as replacing, you CAN replace the diode with a cool white diode, but it would require de-soldering and soldering a new diode.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah, the panoramic sunroof, yes that's standard on Canadian trim once we go to the 1.6l engine. I guess I'll just leave those lights alone even though they look a little weird after I swapped the front dome lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ah, the panoramic sunroof, yes that's standard on Canadian trim once we go to the 1.6l engine. I guess I'll just leave those lights alone even though they look a little weird after I swapped the front dome lights.
How'd you find the installation process of the dome lights? I'm looking at replacing those cause I'm not a fan of the yellow tint bulbs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pretty easy, I have some plastic pry tools I got off amazon but you can use the jewellry precision flat screwdrivers and put a cloth to avoid scratching too. There's a plastic tab somewhere and a half-hinge on the other side of the cover that attaches to the recess, go slow and you'll find it.

How'd you find the installation process of the dome lights? I'm looking at replacing those cause I'm not a fan of the yellow tint bulbs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty easy, I have some plastic pry tools I got off amazon but you can use the jewellry precision flat screwdrivers and put a cloth to avoid scratching too. There's a plastic tab somewhere and a half-hinge on the other side of the cover that attaches to the recess, go slow and you'll find it.
You're talking about a plastic pry tool like this, right?

[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Dashboard-Removal-Installer-Molding/dp/B06XRYLB9T/[/ame]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ended up replacing the front map lights today and it was ridiculously easy.

Now I need to figure out how to replace the reverse lights and the trunk cargo light.

Has anyone replaced the trunk cargo light yet? I tried prying the cover off earlier but it didn't feel like really wanted to come off from the trunk liner and I was hesitant to apply more pressure incase I break it :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts