Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 santa fe,the oem interior light does not work.I looked in the fuse box but there is no fuse for that light.Will buying a differant interiour light work and does there need to be a door jam switch in order for it to work.I have looked at other vehicals from that make model and year.they all have a unit that has a "door" button on that divice.

·
Registered
17,570 Posts
DVOM is your friend.. remove lens and check each lug for bulb for source voltage and ground.. sure the bulb' filament is not open circuit ?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You don't even mention whether you have checked the bulb itself, nor actually - which light you mean. There should be more than one that comes on when the door opens. If none light, that indicates a different sort of problem. Further, there IS a fuse for the interior lights -- same one for all. It's called "ROOM LP" and is for (depending upon which ones you actually have in your SLE) the vanity lamps in the visors, the map lights, the lights in the driver and passenger doors, the overhead lamp, and the one back in the cargo area. If any of those are working, I believe we can discount the problem of a fuse.

Please, advise on WHICH interior lamp isn't working. Are you also aware that there's a switch on the main overhead lamp that switches from OFF (never lights) to ON (always lit) to DOOR (only when door opens)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have a 2007 santa fe,the oem interior light does not work.I looked in the fuse box but there is no fuse for that light.Will buying a differant interiour light work and does there need to be a door jam switch in order for it to work.I have looked at other vehicals from that make model and year.they all have a unit that has a "door" button on that divice.
When you say they don't work, do you mean that they don't work at all, or don't work when the door opens?

Mine work on the button, but not when the door opens. They don't have a 'door' button as shown in the manual, just an on/off. I have a CDX+ and assumed that it was because there should be a centre one (with the extra 'door' button) that was replaced by the DVD unit. The boot light works when the tailgate is opened.

This is the first I have really thought about it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.