Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (tway @ Dec 12 2010, 05:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379141
Guys, anyone ever wonder why our Turbos don't "sound" like turbos. I found a link to this video from another site. Maybe the same mod can be applied to get that awesome turbo sound that all the other turbos make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA_j-qyiHsY
i dont know if our cars have that metal silencer thing in the intake pipe, but i know we have a rubber hose that goes from the BOV to the intake pipe to recirculate the air being blown off.

you can cap off the part by the intake, and just leave that hose open from the BOV.. youll get the Blow off sound then

i was gonna do that mod here soon, so ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (hoblick @ Dec 12 2010, 07:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379174
i dont know if our cars have that metal silencer thing in the intake pipe, but i know we have a rubber hose that goes from the BOV to the intake pipe to recirculate the air being blown off.

you can cap off the part by the intake, and just leave that hose open from the BOV.. youll get the Blow off sound then

I would LOVE to see this mod done and documented. I don't want a loud "PSHH", just a bit more "sporty" noise coming from in there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (hoblick @ Dec 12 2010, 06:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379174

I wouldn't recommend going VTA with the BPV ... the car's fuel maps and sensors are calibrated to see that air re-circulated back into the engine. Without it you will likely run very rich on shift and probably back fire.

I'm sure there will be hybrid BPV's coming out that allow you to vent it to air partially on high boost situations, it will recirc until the pressure is higher then it will recirc most but also open up to VTA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (gq_neo @ Dec 12 2010, 08:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379194
I wouldn't recommend going VTA with the BPV ... the car's fuel maps and sensors are calibrated to see that air re-circulated back into the engine. Without it you will likely run very rich on shift and probably back fire.

I'm sure there will be hybrid BPV's coming out that allow you to vent it to air partially on high boost situations, it will recirc until the pressure is higher then it will recirc most but also open up to VTA.
very true
but the map sensor isnt located in the intake pipe, so how would venting to the atmosphere effect the fuel map?

as far as im seeing the maf sensor is located in the boost pipe after the IC to the throttle body

·
Registered
213 Posts
I hadnt even looked for where our MAF is yet actually ... if it's between the ic and im them thats great news for future power :)

I had to make the swap on my old car to place them maf there and re calibrate how it read the air as it was holding me back being placed before the turbo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (gq_neo @ Dec 13 2010, 04:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379270
I hadnt even looked for where our MAF is yet actually ... if it's between the ic and im them thats great news for future power :)

I had to make the swap on my old car to place them maf there and re calibrate how it read the air as it was holding me back being placed before the turbo.

thats how it looks to me..
there are no sensors on the intake pipe before the turbo (intake as in to the airbox)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts