Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was given a Hyundai stock CD player and I wanted to wire it into my mitsubishi for when I sell it. But I can't seem to find a wire pinout for the stock hyundai harness plug. If it matters, the radio is from a 2002 tiburon. I know a lot of hyundai's use this same radio plug though, so the pinout will be the same for most hyundai's around this year. The wire colors are typical(on the radio side), red, yellow, black, then a bunch of wires for the speakers, and another colored wire that I assume is the power antenna or maybe illumination. I could guess that the red is power, yellow is memory power, black is ground, but I don't want to guess and fry the radio. I want to know FOR SURE what the PINOUT is, I don't want someone to respond back and say "this wire color is _____, this wire color is _____" I want to know the pinout is. I can take a picture of the radio harness or the plug when I get home and post it on here if someone wants to see it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone? anyone? I thought this was a pretty simple question. Does anyone have the harness adapter with the wires labeled on it so they can tell me what each one is?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Tiburon Pilot @ Oct 4 2010, 04:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361102
I hope this is what you're looking for. It's actually for a 2003.
Thanks for the picture, but the wire colors are different on the radio than what your picture suggests. I drew up this picture of what the harness and plug coming off of the radio look like. I basically just need to know what the wire colors break out to. I don't want to assume black is ground, red is hot, yellow is memory, and the multicolor striped wires are + and - speaker wires and find out that I fried the radio because the color codes are not like the standard that a lot of radio manufacturers use.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you sure that's a factory Hyundai connector? That sure looks like the adapter shown below that's used for aftermarket installations. The one shown below if for Hyundai. Is that possible or did you cut that connector and wiring out when you removed the radio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Tiburon Pilot @ Oct 6 2010, 02:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361650
Are you sure that's a factory Hyundai connector? That sure looks like the adapter shown below that's used for aftermarket installations. The one shown below if for Hyundai. Is that possible or did you cut that connector and wiring out when you removed the radio?
it's the connector on the radio side, there is a short wire harness coming off of the radio with that connector that I drew a picture of and the wires closest to the pins in my picture are the wires on the back of the plug going to the radio. And yes, it would be the same connector that you would need if you were plugging an aftermarket radio into your harness on your car. I just need the pinout so I can cut the plug off of the end and use the wires that are coming out of the back of the radio to connect it to my car. So if someone can tell me what pins are what on the harness I'll gladly ship them the connector once it's cut off of this radio, so you can wire in your aftermarket CD player to the plug and just plug it in to your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is the back of my radio, sorry I didn't take a picture of it before, can anyone tell me what pins on the plug go to what so I can cut off this plug and wire it into my car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, please someone help. I've got someone interested in buying my car, and I need to put this radio in. Could someone please tell me (1) if I am right in my picture that I drew below and (2) what the rest of the wire colors are so I can connect this to my car? I can see in the crutchfield picture that white/black is front left+ and that means white is front left-. And I am assuming that red is positive, yellow is radio memory, and black is ground. The other colors are throwing me off. Please

1 - 9 of 9 Posts