Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed that with my Carplay, if I plug in the iPhone before the head unit is fully initialized (the Nav has to be fully initialized along with the radio, which it seems if left on XM takes longer), that my Carplay will constantly force the head unit to switch over to Carplay from other functions (very annoying).

Anyway, I noticed that on cold start (like vehicle is left off overnight), that the head unit takes a bit of time to fully come up. Vs, a few hours later, it seems to start faster.

The other day, I had to put some stuff in the trunk (in the morning, so "cold" start), so I'd opened the liftgate and put stuff in and then got into the car and started it.

The head unit was like all set to go in seconds.

It seems that if you open a door or something it somehow "fires up" in the background, the head unit.

I tested this by the next day by simply opening the drivers side door and left it open while i fetched the paper from outside (vehicle was NOT started yet), got in the car, started it and again, in seconds, the head unit was all set to go.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
So I've noticed that with my Carplay, if I plug in the iPhone before the head unit is fully initialized (the Nav has to be fully initialized along with the radio, which it seems if left on XM takes longer), that my Carplay will constantly force the head unit to switch over to Carplay from other functions (very annoying).

Anyway, I noticed that on cold start (like vehicle is left off overnight), that the head unit takes a bit of time to fully come up. Vs, a few hours later, it seems to start faster.

The other day, I had to put some stuff in the trunk (in the morning, so "cold" start), so I'd opened the liftgate and put stuff in and then got into the car and started it.

The head unit was like all set to go in seconds.

It seems that if you open a door or something it somehow "fires up" in the background, the head unit.

I tested this by the next day by simply opening the drivers side door and left it open while i fetched the paper from outside (vehicle was NOT started yet), got in the car, started it and again, in seconds, the head unit was all set to go.
It wakes up the module. It can take several seconds to go through initialization set up.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
And a great reason to never leave a key in the ignition (Or in the vehicle for push button start) as the key will / may be seen and keep modules awake and thus providing you with the joy of jump starting your vehicle......

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have also noticed that if I have left my phone in the car, and plugged into the USB port, it will start to charge as soon as I enter the car (I can hear the charging notification tone) even before i start the engine.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know why sometimes I see the welcome screen on the head unit and some times I don't ?
Maybe sometimes it doesn't like you and so you're not welcome?

LOL.

Are you referring to the screen where you can press "confirm" or whatever?

I'll try to pay attention this afternoon and tomorrow as to what the HU shows on a cold/warm start.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe sometimes it doesn't like you and so you're not welcome?

LOL.

Are you referring to the screen where you can press "confirm" or whatever?

I'll try to pay attention this afternoon and tomorrow as to what the HU shows on a cold/warm start.
It could be that it is not welcoming me with open arms :). I have noticed that sometimes you will get the little welcome screen on the nav and sometimes it is the confirm agreement thing right away. Maybe you actually have to turn the car on then start it, instead of just starting it right up?

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be that it is not welcoming me with open arms :). I have noticed that sometimes you will get the little welcome screen on the nav and sometimes it is the confirm agreement thing right away. Maybe you actually have to turn the car on then start it, instead of just starting it right up?
So on my 2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate AWD:

On a cold start (ie, vehicle sitting overnight, I hop in the car and immediately start the engine), I see the "Hyundai" logo for about 1-2 seconds and then it goes to that confirmation screen (blah blah, not supposed to be looking at things other than the road, blah blah blah). I usually push the Confirm button (although it'll go away after like X seconds), and then it'll sit on the "main" screen where the NAV is "initializing" and the right-hand side (usually on Sirius/XM) is putzing away.

On a warm start, it goes right to the Confirmation screen.

I think my roomate's 2014 SFS (non-ultimate, non turbo) has a screen that says "welcome".

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a similar experience with mine. It seems to display the Welcome screen after a period of time not being used. But if I am getting in and out and running errands, it seems like it is a faster startup.

One thing that I saw last week was a "data dump" warning. Had never seen that before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have only seen the welcome message once or twice I think. Even if the car is left over night, I do not see it in the morning. Could it be that I updated to the latest SW version for android auto maybe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts