Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just snorting around I often find a fun thing or two. Both of these are on Wish right now, one I have had for a while.

The "Santa Fe®" logo brake lamp cover is a neat and easy thing to make your SUV just a little bit different. I paid $12 for one back about two months ago on eBay. They are going for $26+$10 shipping now there. On Wish right now there are two sellers at $9. $8.10 if you have a 10% discount available. I have had one installed for more than a month, and it's a 3M automotive double sided tape item. Just gives it a few days to bond before you try washing your vehicle.

The vinyl brake Hyundai logo makes your disc brakes look like the high priced ones just by applying a simple cover that is heat resistant over your brakes. I just bought a set of 6 for $9 + $2 shipping. I can't vouch for them, but it should work and give you a distinctive look.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Everyone.....Broken record mode on. As always watch your State regs on anything that goes onto a lamp assembly . In PA as an example you cannot put anything in front of or over a lamp assembly (Includes "smoking" or tinting of lamps in any way) . Even headlamp brush guards must be around the perimeter only. If they have bars or a screen in front of the lamp assembly itself....Fails PA safety inspection and could be a moving violation or at least a valid reason to be stopped. Broken record mode off. :)

Just trying to avoid having folks shell out money for something and then find out they have to remove it or perhaps even be cited for having it on the vehicle.

I do like the high mount brake light cover myself but it just will not fly here.....

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a link for that site? And for the caliper decals as well?
Well, I use their Android app, but you should be able to just do a search on wish.com and find them. Unfortunately their smartphone app doesn't have a way to share page links. Try "Santa Fe brake logo" for the cover and "Hyundai caliper logo" for the red heat resistant vinyl jobbie.

Hope that helps. "Geek" is another trade name they use for iPhone & Android apps, mostly the same stuff.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the products, remember to look at all vendors that have each item before you buy - prices can vary widely (& wildly?)!

One of the sellers shown is French (or Canadian?), but looking for the exact words should work.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
You'll have to let us know a little more about the calipers covers when you get them. The "High Temp Vinyl" seems suspect...unless there's some sort of thermal barrier between the brakes and the cover...i can see those simply melting all over the caliper.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@basicmods Agreed! For $9 it's worth a shot. I will let everyone know what I find. That brake light logo cover can be found for $4 now, from a different seller. The folks getting $38 with shipping on eBay are making a killing if they sell one. I paid $8 for mine about six weeks ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts