Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,095 Posts
The car doesn't come from the factory with the interior lighting or park assist. Those are dealer fit options. Basically, aftermarket accessories that are fitted at the dealership before the car is delivered to the customer. Fitting those options was a big part of my job when I worked in a Hyundai dealership here in the UK.

Are you not offered those in the USA?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Sir, the only "port" or dealer installed items are the usual stuff (e.g., auto dimming mirror, mud guards, trunk mats, locking lug nuts, etc.). Other Hyundai models offer lighting kits but I don't know of any that do sensors as a kit like that.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
Like I said, these are actually just aftermarket accessories that come repackaged in a Hyundai box.
The parking sensor kits Hyundai sell (on this side of the pond anyway) are rebranded Cobra Parkmaster kits. I used to retrofit them all the time when I was a tech with Hyundai.

Cobra sensor kits are quite expensive (even more so when you buy them from your Hyundai dealer) and they don't work any better than the cheap $15~20 sensor kits you can buy on e'bay/Amazon. I've fitted quite a few cheap sensor kits from Amazon to my customers cars and I've never had a failure....yet (I'm touching wood :)). I've actually had more problems with the more expensive Hyundai/Cobra kits. The sounders tend to fail on the Cobra kits.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Cobra, that was the brand CB radio everyone wanted back in the day 40 channels with side bands, a power mic to stomp on everyone for miles. Ah, breaker, breaker, good old buddy days.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
Same brand name, different company.

Cobra Automotive Technologies was an Italian company but it's now part of Vodafone Automotive based in the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts