Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a thread similar to one started in the SFS sub-forum on any interesting features or tidbits we learn about our SFs.

I'll start with one...found out today that the 3rd row back actually has 2 upright positions, with one slightly more reclined that the other by about 3-4". Only found this when I was pulling up my 3rd row seats to install my 3rd row premium liner. Not sure if this is in the manual or not...don't recall seeing it and did not bother to check.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After 4 months we just realized the sun visors telescope when un-clipped from their base. Nice feature for those weird sun angles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Indeed, I realized also about the sunvisor recently...But I also realized that the lady talking to me via the bluetooth system could also find radio channels for me! And not to wear too tight jean because I came back to the parking lot to find the trunk wide open. The key system could be very sensible!...

Yves

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not a feature but figured this was the best place to post it.

The driver seat belt vs the front passenger seat belt. The driver belt has the regular "plastic" stud that stops the belt latch from dropping to far for convince reasons just like every other car. The passenger belt however has a loop stitched instead. I can't figure out why the 2 belts are different, any thoughts?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not a feature but figured this was the best place to post it.

The driver seat belt vs the front passenger seat belt. The driver belt has the regular "plastic" stud that stops the belt latch from dropping to far for convince reasons just like every other car. The passenger belt however has a loop stitched instead. I can't figure out why the 2 belts are different, any thoughts?

This quote is from Pare John here on the forum:

"It is to stop the buckle from rattling against the B-Pillar when not being used. Driver's side does not have one as it is always in use (or should be) when driving."

·
Registered
161 Posts
This quote is from Pare John here on the forum:

"It is to stop the buckle from rattling against the B-Pillar when not being used. Driver's side does not have one as it is always in use (or should be) when driving."
Very thoughtful engineering ! Great reply.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I noticed that every time I use the "auto" feature for the heater the only vents that blow air are the ones for the feet. The car will not blow air on the windshield or from the dash vents unless I change the mode manually. Just thought it strange that by default the "auto" mode directs air to the floor.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Probably because heat rises naturally? And it's always good to be able to have all feeling in your feet so you know how hard you're pressing on the brake/accel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IF you park with your wheels off center (say on a hill etc) when you restart your vehicle the information center lets you know your wheels are not straight and which way to turn them to center the wheels..

·
Registered
164 Posts
When unlocking the doors, 2 presses on the driver's door button unlocks all the doors but only 1 press on the passenger side door button unlocks all the doors.

If I've started the vehicle using the remote start, pressing the unlock button twice on the fob will NOT unlock all the doors; only the driver's door will unlock and then I have to open the driver's door and use the unlock button on the driver's armrest to unlock the other doors.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If my wife leaves her purse in the truck when we get out for say a movie, I can "not" lock the doors unless I use the lock feature on the OEM KeyFob.

Another hidden feature, because she always carries my extra key in her purse, if her purse is stolen or rifled through, I get to lose my SFS!
"OH", maybe that is not an actual Hyundai feature but as you know "A happy wife is a happy life". ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
ECO mode, so far, gets less mpg than not using it in 900 miles of testing, not by much though at most .5 mpg better NON-ECO mode. Take ECO mode off and give it a shot, you will feel more power with ECO mode off and I think it makes the V6 engine work harder to keep up in hilly roads with ECO on.

for less mpg and to have a ton more power, I'm leaving ECO mode off for now until I am proven wrong by more mileage testing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
on the limited model with power lift gate, Hyundai engineers placed pinch molds along the outside edge of the trunk. if you press the power close button and make your way to the front and have to stop the door from closing, you can "pinch" the edge and the door will stop.
also you can adjust the max height the door opens by holding the power close button for a couple seconds when opened. : )

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The headlights can be turned off by pressing the lock button on the transmitter (or smart key) twice or turning the light switch to the OFF or Auto position.

Hyundai Santa Fe: Headlamp delay - Lighting - Features of your vehicle - Hyundai Santa Fe DM 2013-2015 Owner's Manual

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about this feature because I turned it off as soon as I took delivery of my SF. I don't care to have my headlights stay on for 5 mins or at all after I turn off the vehicle. So mine turn off as soon as turn the engine off.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The headlights can be turned off by pressing the lock button on the transmitter (or smart key) twice or turning the light switch to the OFF or Auto position.

Hyundai Santa Fe: Headlamp delay - Lighting - Features of your vehicle - Hyundai Santa Fe DM 2013-2015 Owner's Manual

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about this feature because I turned it off as soon as I took delivery of my SF. I don't care to have my headlights stay on for 5 mins or at all after I turn off the vehicle. So mine turn off as soon as turn the engine off.
Thanks guys, I didn't even know about this feature even though I left mine on auto all the time. Its good to know :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts