Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Pretty much bullet poof. Make sure the REAR Calipers and pads are in good shape. Calipers like to seize up on them.There is also a recall for the brake light switch (should have been done). There may also be an outstanding program ( ECM/TCM update) for Harsh down shift from second. There is a SOFTWARE update that must be done at Hyundai for that. If buying it used i would want them to reset the adaptive learn (Hyundai dealer only) and show PROOF it was done. So the transmission doesn't have old bad habits stored.Other then that 100K Spark plugs should be changed with Iridium, Transmission drain and fill, New Antifreeze put in and Serpentine belt replaced.

Also use the Hyundai oil filter as most of us that own them do. Better quality and no issues with cheaper aftermarket ones. Rear shock tower over time there is a bad weld on a seam in the fender well that will let water into the top of the shock mount. Zip off the bolts if no water comes out your good. If water comes out the seam will need to be fixed. Just a high quality sealant on the seam that you clean up and undercoating protection over it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect first response. Really helped a lot. I viewed the car and made sure to check the welds. I'll be picking up the car this Sat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts