Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was looking as well. But only found universal fit stuff which I don’t want. Hope someone has a specific fit piece out there.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It's going to be a tough find. Maybe in the spring/summer I'll look into making one and sharing it. I've made a CAI for the Sonata 3.3 V6.

But if I recall the engine is slightly tilted towards the back and there isn't much room to route the pipe to the fender like the Sonata. Might have to go under the battery... no off-roading/overlanding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I removed some sub structure that blocked air entering the air tube, then put a 1/4 section of 4" plastic pipe at the top of the radiator to guide air flow into the air tube . This worked very well and gained almost 1 mpg in town and two on the open hwy . But I have to say my air filters are becoming dirty quicker . Very quick . I knock it out every 7k miles.My next step is to put a radiant barrier in the air box to keep engine area temp from being absorbed to the airbox .

·
Registered
128 Posts
I removed some sub structure that blocked air entering the air tube, then put a 1/4 section of 4" plastic pipe at the top of the radiator to guide air flow into the air tube . This worked very well and gained almost 1 mpg in town and two on the open hwy . But I have to say my air filters are becoming dirty quicker . Very quick . I knock it out every 7k miles.My next step is to put a radiant barrier in the air box to keep engine area temp from being absorbed to the airbox .
How does it sound?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi , At about 2200 to 2600 Rpm I do hear a resonate tone at cruse or part throttle . I removed the engine cover and the fuel pump cover so some noise is now more easily heard. Everyone wants a cooler intake . The expansion at the filter box i believe is better than a straight pipe with a filter at the end stuck in an engine compartment. i'm getting ready for the sparkplug intake removal and to cover the filter box .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts