Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a manual 2016 accent and was wondering if an instrument cluster from an automatic accent would work as a replacement, as I can find more automatic clusters online versus manual. Thank you :D

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Why do you need to replace the the cluster?
I think it's highly unlikely the two clusters are interchangeable. But the only way to know for sure is to try it. I'd be surprised if anyone else has tried fitting an automatic cluster to their manual car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I googled and found that 94021-1R510 is for auto, and 94021-1R520 is for manual. That suggests to me there's a difference. See: https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/oem-hyundai-instrument_cluster.html?Make=Hyundai&Model=Accent&Year=2016&Submodel=&Filter=()

The 2013 ETM (electrical manual) is here: https://jmp.sh/b/dStn2Av154Cko2pjjS5X . It shows the differences in auto and manual wiring, where it occurs. You should be able to determine if there are differences with the cluster. The 2016 shouldn't be too different. It would be tedious to follow the wiring, but technically the differences should be shown there. Be sure to read the "readme first" file for important instructions to enable javascript opening local files. That lets you drill deeper into diagrams and connectors just by clicking on their names within a diagram. It's much harder to use if that's not enabled.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why do you need to replace the the cluster?
I wondered about that too. I imagined unethical rolling back the odometer to sell a high-mileage car? Is that possible? I would have never thought of that until now.

I think it's highly unlikely the two clusters are interchangeable. But the only way to know for sure is to try it. I'd be surprised if anyone else has tried fitting an automatic cluster to their manual car.
I just went for a drive in my automatic. What stood out to me is the PRNDL display within the center of the fuel/temp gauges. That must be at least one difference. (I doubt they have a microprocessor on it to detect whether it's displaying for a manual operator. It must be two distinct cluster displays.).

If he's not scamming the market with faked mileage, maybe the OP could use the auto cluster. He'd just have to get used to first gear displays "P"; 2nd gear displaying "R". Maybe it would work, but only display the wrong letters. That could be a real conversation starter. Driving own the road, "hey, check this out. It's says....."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts