Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that used Hyundai Sonata navigation systems are coming into the market at reasonable prices, what would one have to do to install a used factory GPS into a Sonata Limited? What additional parts would be needed, ex. GPS antenna?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Agree with Fox - better aftermarket if you dont have one now!
This. You will have way to much work to do than installing a standalone after market model.

While OEM looks OEM, getting a newer model usually will dictate better features and functionality. While I have the OEM Nav, its nice but really nothing to write home to mom about.

·
Registered
336 Posts
the non NAV limited and the Nav Limited are not compatible. you'd not only need the NAV headunit, but the amp from the NAV car as well. i'm also not sure if the non NAV car steering wheel will be able to talk to the nav unit...

its a huge pain and definitely not worth the return on investment. go aftermarket with an axiss pac kit for steering wheel controls and a good installer for the USB AUX bluetooth stuff...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a non nav system 2012 Hyundai sonata. I just installed a factory navigation system and everything works except the sound. there is a very faint sound coming from the right side speakers when I press voice activation on the steering

1 - 7 of 7 Posts