Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would happen if you tried to install the OEM 7" Touch Screen model in an SE model?

Would it even work? Would the Aux/USB/Steering controls function correctly along with Carplay/Android Auto?

I'm very interested since you obviously can't ask the factory to do this but would get the stereo from a salvage, but it could give you basically an sleek looking upgrade.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,721 Posts
I guess nobody else has tried this yet. So why don't you give it a go then report back and let us all know if it worked, and whether or not it was a simple plug 'n' play head unit swap, or did you need to modify the car's wiring to make it work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I tried to have an upgrade done to my stereo, and it was a disaster - I posted on another page. Too many issues with trying to install aftermarket stereo. Going backwards was just as ardous and left things in a very "hodgepodged" state to get it working again with OEM stuff.

With that said I'd be wary to try to this - and it definitely seems like the current USB port wouldn't be able to work, and would most likely require a specific data cable - just a guess, based on say the Mazda CX-5 which can use ipod via usb but needs firmware upgrade/usb port upgrade for carplay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts