Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today, my side mirrors got busted by some vehicle trying to park. So I figured why not change it into something I want.

I was just wondering if this will be plug and play. It seems like it will be.
Sonata YF : [MOBIS] Hyundai YF Sonata Genuine Power Folding Mirror Set

It seems that it will be white until turn signal is on to switch to yellow. I'm researching more but it isn't very well documented.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The Sonata does not have wiring to support the folding function so extensive work is needed to get these mirrors to fully function. You don't say what model of Sonata you drive but unless your original mirrors had the turn repeaters, wiring for them is not in your Sonata. My guess is these mirrors have a different electrical plug on them and would not plug into the Sonata wiring harness. Do a search for mirrors on the forum and you should find where mirrors similar to these were installed by some members and what is involved. There are aftermarket mirrors available but you need to make sure they are plug and play for the US Sonata.

It would be good to update your information to denote what version of the Sonata and year you drive. Listing as YF doesn't tell anyone much that may try to help you. Needs to say Se, Limited, etc., you get the idea. Each model has different features and are not supported in other models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I have a 2012 sonata limited 2.0. Going to take a look for mirrors other people have placed on the forums any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Also, the white is a completely separate wire that you have to wire yourself. At least that part for 100% (as well as the folding part) will not be plug and play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts