Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a 2004 Hyundai Elantra, but I wanted to replace the Kenwood stereo that is in there right now. I like the stereo and it sounds great, but it doesn't have any aux ports for iPhone hook up. This is what is in there right now:

http://manual.kenwood.com/files/B64-2649-00.pdf

But I am looking to replace it with either:

Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver: Car Electronics

or

Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-252U In-Dash USB/CD Receiver: Car Electronics

I'm leaning towards the latter because of the iPod controls and USB port.

I would get this to make it a little easier:

Amazon.com: Stereo Wire Harness Hyundai Elantra 01 02 03 04 05 -car radio wiring installation parts: Car Electronics

But what about the mount kits? Do I need one? especially if there is already a Kenwood model installed in the car?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
206 Posts
You shouldn't need the harness either. If the kenwood was installed properly the harness is already back there and you can re use it. You will use the same dash kit too. All you need is a new radio and the 252 you also fe trek change colors on but if that doesn't matter I would still go with it because of the USB.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You shouldn't need the harness either. If the kenwood was installed properly the harness is already back there and you can re use it. You will use the same dash kit too. All you need is a new radio and the 252 you also fe trek change colors on but if that doesn't matter I would still go with it because of the USB.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thanks! That's a good point. I will give that a shot. I don't understand what you said about the "fe trek" changing colors....? can you explain that a little bit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that makes more sense haha a few of the youtube videos I watched of people showing it looked like it was consistently red, and that is exactly what I am looking for. I don't like the look when the thing is like constantly changing colors. I really just want the glowing red, which it seems is the default.

I'm gonna purchase it today and hopefully it will get here by Wednesday! Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts