Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just got my Accent and I LOVE IT!

I want to put my old sound system into it though and need some help.

I took out the stock deck and went to connect the wiring harness for the new deck, it doesn't look like it fits. DO I have to take out the harness that plugs into the stock deck? This is the harness I got from the audio store.

Does this plug down into the dash somewhere? I was expecting it to plug into where the deck unplugged.

Also where is the best place to run the power from the battery to the amp? Is there a plug in the firewall? If you guys could post a pic, I'd be super happy. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance!

stoosh

·
Registered
302 Posts
ask for a harness that's made fir the 2008 accent, it's has the correct plug for the stock radio.

Also for the power wire for amp, if you look under the dashboard on driver side, you'll see a thick bundle of wires coming from the left and into a small plastic piece unscrew that platic piece and you'll see the wires go into the firewall, has a big rubber seal around it, just poke a hole in that rubber seal an run your wire from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.