Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a new 2010 Hyundai Accent Blue, the very base model I upgraded with A/C. I have an new kenwood h/u for my car b/c it doesn't come with a radio and when I went to install it I checked the + battery wire and it is not hot, but the ACC wire is so I attached the h/u power wire to it. How do I get the + battery wire working? I am a college student so money is an issue (reason for getting the Blue).

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
:00000732:

Are you using a wiring harness adapter to plug into the car's harness, or just hacking off the car's plug and splicing it in?  If it's the latter, I wonder if it's the wrong wire you have?  There's a wiring color code list here if it helps. Goes up to '08, probably the same for newer ones but no guarantees.

I would say a fuse, but the one that controls the constant 12v for the radio would also go to your clock and trip odometer.  If that isn't resetting at each ignition cycle, that fuse is good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 10 2010, 09:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321591
:00000732:

Are you using a wiring harness adapter to plug into the car's harness, or just hacking off the car's plug and splicing it in?  If it's the latter, I wonder if it's the wrong wire you have?  There's a wiring color code list here if it helps. Goes up to '08, probably the same for newer ones but no guarantees.

I would say a fuse, but the one that controls the constant 12v for the radio would also go to your clock and trip odometer.  If that isn't resetting at each ignition cycle, that fuse is good.

Yeah I'm hacking the car plugs. I used the diagram from HMAService.com for a 2010 Accent but I could be wrong but I checked all the wires on the plug that has the battery wire on it. The fuse is fine I checked it visual and with a test light. I can check all the wires again with a voltmeter if necessary. Thanks for the welcome and the help.

ETA: The color code you gave looks to be the same for the 2010 too.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
With the key off, the batt wire is powered and the ACC isn't. With the key on, both should have voltage. You might have your wiring mixed up. HMA could have the wrong color scheme too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ May 10 2010, 09:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321595
With the key off, the batt wire is powered and the ACC isn't. With the key on, both should have voltage. You might have your wiring mixed up. HMA could have the wrong color scheme too.
I checked the wires with the engine on, would that make a difference? I'll check the wires again tomorrow just hate to pop that face plate off.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yea. Me too. I hated pulling the face plate off. I thought that was the most scary part. But I would suggest getting the adaptor. It doesn't cost much, and that would make cutting and stripping your wires not the scary part. haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Leprakong @ May 11 2010, 12:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321640
Yea. Me too. I hated pulling the face plate off. I thought that was the most scary part. But I would suggest getting the adaptor. It doesn't cost much, and that would make cutting and stripping your wires not the scary part. haha.
Well I already cut the wires cuz it doesnt really bother me either way, I just can't figure out why the battery wire isn't working.

A little OT is there any other aftermarket cruise control other than the one from Rostra. Just want to see if there is.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently added a Alpine to mine, if you still need help i have the diagrams for a 2010. let me know, dealer didnt install my radio fuse so the clock and radio didnt work at first. i am an electrician and will try to help if you need it.

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts