Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my pair of 5000k hids tomorrow for lows and fogs and i was trying to find out how to install my foglights without removing the whole bumper has anyone done it without removing the bumper??

·
Registered
821 Posts
There is a screw and a plug-screw(plastic) under the bumper on each side where the wheel well panel and front bumper skirt meet. Remove them both with a phillips screwdriver and install by bending down the wheel well liner and reaching up, inside while on your back

·
Registered
279 Posts
So much easier just taking the bumper off. Your going to have to take the head lights out anyways to put in HIDs might as well take the bumper off while your at it.

·
22,793 Posts
There is a screw and a plug-screw(plastic) under the bumper on each side where the wheel well panel and front bumper skirt meet. Remove them both with a phillips screwdriver and install by bending down the wheel well liner and reaching up, inside while on your back
And scratch your forearms up so they look like tenderized steak. Allow me to re-emphasize that: "SCRATCH!" It's tight spacing up and inside there. Don't ask how I know this! Suffice it to say that was just performing a simple changing of the fog lamps from the OEM's 27.5w to a more illuminating 35w.

After a week of healing, the arms were, pretty much, back to normal and awaiting their next hidden adventure. Long sleeves would have been the ticket, but the temperature was over 90+ degrees. No way I'm removing the bumper to do any fog lamp R&R. No how! And this was a simple mod. One and done!

But removing the bumper is your best case scenario. Get a friend to help or cover the flooring with something to cushion the impact in case one side falls before you can secure it for removal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont want to really mess around with taking to much things out i will try the wheel well way and if i cant get it i will try the bumper way could u point me out to a good guide that i could follow?

·
22,793 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect! will attempt this tomorrow. Thanks!
I noticed one thing at the very end on the headlight how did he make that turn signal go from 5000k white to yellow when he turns on the turning signals

·
22,793 Posts
Lou uses some type of switching circuit and two sets of LED's. Some of the guys on here know how it works. I've never played with that stuff.

·
Registered
821 Posts
trust me on this. its 2 extra screws to take the bumper off over just taking the bottom splash shield off. It makes life SOOOO much easier.

I have never done this. But I have to ask. Isn't there alignment issues that can pop up when you remove it when placing it back on?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
I've put HIDs in both cars fog lights. You have to adjust them though or they will blind any oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never done this. But I have to ask. Isn't there alignment issues that can pop up when you remove it when placing it back on?
thats why i didn't want to remove it i thought the same thing!

where could i buy rubber caps with the x cut on them already for the headlight covers? i don't want to cut a whole on the plastic for warrantee purposes.

·
22,793 Posts
thats why i didn't want to remove it i thought the same thing!

where could i buy rubber caps with the x cut on them already for the headlight covers? i don't want to cut a whole on the plastic for warrantee purposes.
I'd try any of the automotive parts stores, locally, or online. Home Depot and Lowe's has them in stock. Usually in the "specialty nuts, screws, etc." aisle.

You're wanting a wire grommet. All you need is the diameter of the hole's opening before you go.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i started installing my hids everything was working when i installed the capacitor untill i turned on the car only one of the hids where turning on in my head lights so here is my situation i have 3 different ballest and here is what happens with each of them

ballest one
GXHIDs Pair ( only one of them turns on)

Ballest 2
1 Fat Xenon Ballest (turns on with one of the GXHID)

Ballest 3
1 Slim Xenon Ballest (turns on with the other GXHID ballest)

and one silver box unnamed hid (both lights turn on normally with the GXHID but it has to be a specific ballest)

the gx ballest only works with the unnamed hid ballest and the capacitor the lights turn on and stay on i drove last night and they still working normally untill i woke up this morning i noticed that when i turned on the headlights the passenger side was off i turned of the lights and turned them back on and they worked normally again i had to switch the ballest one of the gx ballests with the other one and they work

now when i install the fog lights only one side the passenger side hid turns off -.- what could i do??

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
They are sensitive to voltage drops. Make sure the wires are big enough and the connections are good.

Are you using two relays?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They are sensitive to voltage drops. Make sure the wires are big enough and the connections are good.

Are you using two relays?
yes 2 xenon canbus error cancellers only on the headlights. thats the only way they stay on

I'd try any of the automotive parts stores, locally, or online. Home Depot and Lowe's has them in stock. Usually in the "specialty nuts, screws, etc." aisle.

You're wanting a wire grommet. All you need is the diameter of the hole's opening before you go.

i tried in home depot and autopart they didnt have anything right now im running the hids without the grommet but i dont want to do this for long besides drilling a whole on the original cover what have some of you guys done to feed the wires of the hids
could u point me out to a link where i could get the grommet? the diameter would be the original one that the elantra brings a

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
22,793 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts