Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
mayasonata,

:eek:fftopic: Does this mean you found a place to buy the factory fog lamps that are on the SE and Limited?

If so where? I have been looking but I have had no luck..... :liebe011:

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone plan to install these themselves? I would defiantly pull the trigger on these if someone can let us know how the install goes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that set on ebay may not include a switch, the shark racing version includes a switch.

a switch will be needed for GLS owners who have no foglamp functionality already built in.

contact shark for purchasing info.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Sep 9 2010, 11:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355243
that set on ebay may not include a switch, the shark racing version includes a switch.

a switch will be needed for GLS owners who have no foglamp functionality already built in.

contact shark for purchasing info.

Okay, after a little scrounging around for various parts, etc., Shark Racing will be ready to sell full fog light kits, which will include a relay, a fuse, and the OEM switch, all ready to plug in. You will of course have to run the wires from the engine room to the cabin, etc., since the wiring isn't there, but you will be able to plug in the OEM switch, and you won't have to buy things like connectors and fuses and relays. We have sold the basic fog light kit which included two fog lights and just the switch for US$130, and the wiring will add to the price a bit, but I think for the convenience, it will be well worth the extra cost. The final cost will most likely be around US$155 or 160. We will also sell the basic kit with the fogs and switch separately if anyone wants to buy just those things.

The full kit will be on the site sometime next week.

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (boogyman @ Sep 10 2010, 04:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355423
Okay, after a little scrounging around for various parts, etc., Shark Racing will be ready to sell full fog light kits, which will include a relay, a fuse, and the OEM switch, all ready to plug in. You will of course have to run the wires from the engine room to the cabin, etc., since the wiring isn't there, but you will be able to plug in the OEM switch, and you won't have to buy things like connectors and fuses and relays. We have sold the basic fog light kit which included two fog lights and just the switch for US$130, and the wiring will add to the price a bit, but I think for the convenience, it will be well worth the extra cost. The final cost will most likely be around US$155 or 160. We will also sell the basic kit with the fogs and switch separately if anyone wants to buy just those things.

The full kit will be on the site sometime next week.
Where will the switch be installed on my GLS I only have a blank switch next to the dimmer switch, is that where it is designed to go?

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE (mlovela007 @ Sep 14 2010, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356209
Where will the switch be installed on my GLS I only have a blank switch next to the dimmer switch, is that where it is designed to go?
The fog light switch from the factory is on the blinker/directional wand coming from the steering column. That blank spot on the dash sounds like a good spot though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (robspeedGLS @ Sep 14 2010, 10:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356342
The factory fog lights are pure decoration at only 35w. And I have never seen an OEM fog light that actually lit anything useful even if you up the wattage. I am planning on putting some aftermarket lights in the stock openings.
completely true,...and unless you are running in extreme conditions and locations, there is not really a need at all. I'm probably not even going to install the relay and hook 'em up. For me, the car looks better with them on...a fuller look - just like the bigger wheels...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (Sunspot @ Sep 14 2010, 09:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356346
completely true,...and unless you are running in extreme conditions and locations, there is not really a need at all. I'm probably not even going to install the relay and hook 'em up. For me, the car looks better with them on...a fuller look - just like the bigger wheels...

I am somewhat obsessed with forward lighting. My old car had 460w of forward lighting on high beams and I felt like I always wanted more! it had factory fog lights and I hated them even after installing HID bulbs in them...

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (robspeedGLS @ Sep 14 2010, 11:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356352
I am somewhat obsessed with forward lighting. My old car had 460w of forward lighting on high beams and I felt like I always wanted more! it had factory fog lights and I hated them even after installing HID bulbs in them...
I never cared about the actual beams...but have an obsession with just having the look. Guess it came from cars being easily identifiable as "top of the line" with the fogs. Now it is so much. However, I still got to have them, and not so worried about having the top of the line vehicle. Besides, the fogs on the Sonota make it look "fuller"...its hard to describe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
your right! that's exactly why I'm getting them. It just kinda completes the front and makes the bottom portion of the bumper look fuller and filled out.

QUOTE (Sunspot @ Sep 15 2010, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356527
I never cared about the actual beams...but have an obsession with just having the look. Guess it came from cars being easily identifiable as "top of the line" with the fogs. Now it is so much. However, I still got to have them, and not so worried about having the top of the line vehicle. Besides, the fogs on the Sonota make it look "fuller"...its hard to describe.

·
Registered
268 Posts
QUOTE (Sunspot @ Sep 14 2010, 10:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356346
if u dont use the relay that just means they will be on all the time right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts