Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So I bought Sony Xplod component speakers for the front, and some polk's for the back. I also got the JVC adrenaline headunit (has HD radio built in and iPod connector right on front). I was just wondering some simple questions...

1. Has anyone installed the crossover in the door panel? If so, do I need to wrap it in a bag first ect ect.

2. I am still in the search for a nice subwoofer, and not quite sure what I want. I do listen to rap, but don't need a gang banger bass setup. Just wanted something that was clean and clear and would make the car bump a little. Any suggestions on a setup? I do like that 10" Basslink sub from Infinity, but not quite sure how hard it actually hits.

3. Any suggestions on getting the stereo installed easily? I want to add the stereo controls to the car, but am not sure if I can with an aftermarket radio. Is this true?

·
Registered
500 Posts
1: Not sure, have not had the money to replace my stock speakers.
2: I have a pair (2) 10in Kenwoods, they hit very nice and clean, with the lpf at 100 for speakers and subs it sounds very balanced.
3: Also not sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have tried the Basslink by Infinity before and I took it back. It added a little thump, but nothing like actual subs in a box would do. I also found the bass wasn't very "tight". I am thinking about adding a 12 in a sealed box with a monoblock amp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
JDP, I have install components in my Car, Just take the door panel off and you should see a small pocket on the the door panel, place it there and you are set to go. If your component have tweeter attenuator, adjust them to your taste before installing the panel back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts