Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently purchased my 2014 Accent from a dealer that installed a cheap Chinese navigation system into the car since it didn't come with a stereo from the factory. The car came with full support for the radio, for example, it had steering wheel controls, 4 speakers, and complete wiring.
That navigation unit lasted a month and it went bust. So I got myself a new OEM radio from a shop that gets its parts from crashed cars. I was lucky enough to find a bluetooth radio for 50$ that was never used (The transport trailer crashed, which left about a dozen Hyundais totaled).
Back to the question, My car doesn't have a wiring setup for Bluetooth. I don't need the Answer/Reject buttons since I usually have my phone in the cup-holder or near the cigarette lighter and I can accept calls on the device it self. I only need the Bluetooth mic, so I was wondering how difficult would it be to connect a microphone. I read on the service manual the there are wires on the back of the stereo that are supposed to be for the microphone. So can I just connect a standard microphone to those wires to make it work?
PS. This is a link to microphone diagram similar to a one I'm planning to install.
Car condenser microphone ¨®¥Î³Á§J*·

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The mic connects to the back of the radio through one of the large connectors. (Connector number M-11B, pins 22 and 23). I've attached a schematic and connector pin diagram below. (Just click on the thumbnails).

However, I'm not familiar with the specs of the factory electret mic, so I can't say for sure if the one you have will work.... It should.. Just make sure you get + and - right when you hook it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
There was a post on the Crutchfield forums about using a different BT microphone with JVC head units - ultimately, it is going to depend on the impedance of the BT microphone as well:

Has anyone tried the JVC KW-AV60BT with a different microphone? - Receivers - Car Audio, Video, & GPS - Crutchfield Forums

Your best bet is probably going to be using the factory microphone for this, which I think is this and runs $40 at the dealer, but if you can find one from the same shop or the junkyard, that would be even better:

Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Accessories | OEM Hyundai Parts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Gee.. I just re-read my post and see I made a typo.. It's pins 10 and 22 on the radio plug (and not 22 and 23).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies. I've checked everywhere trying to figure out the voltage requirements for the mic, but I can't seem to find it. The service manual I downloaded only shows a diagram of the pins and what they are, it doesn't mention the voltage. Do microphones have different voltages, or are they all the same? I'm asking this because the mic has positive and negative leads, which are not as standard as a 3.5mm jack.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I don't think it is voltage - I think it is analog phase (like + and - speaker terminals) and those are standard on a 3.5 mm jack, but they have different impedances.

Wrong impedance and I think the mic will either be too quiet or will be distorted.

Actually, you've gotten the expensive parts, I'd just get the factory microphone at this point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I've checked eBay for the microphone part since the car I got the radio from had its microphone broken. The part I found only has about 4-5 inches of wire and it ends with a plug of some sort. The price of the mic is not a problem, but wiring it is. How difficult would it be to wire it to the head unit? is the roof pre-wired for a microphone?
This is the part I found on eBay:
Bluetooth Hands Free Mic Assembly Fit Hyundai Accent Solaris 2011 2012 2013 | eBay

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The correct mic will be your best bet.. You'll need to pull off the headliner, but it will be the neatest installation (see where it installs in the attached image below).

The connector is shown in the schematic I attached above. (Marked as P97).. Pin 2 of the mic connector goes to pin 22 on the radio connector.. Pin 1 on the mic connector goes to pin 10 on the radio..

Check the wiring harness on your car where it plugs into the radio to see if the wires exist. (One will be blue, the other red).. If so, then all you might have to do is find the matching mic connector under the headliner. If not, you'll have to supply the wires that run from the mic to the radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Okay, the link I posted previously didn't work:
Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Accessories | OEM Hyundai Parts

The beige mic is P/N 96575-1M010-V2. The Black mic is 96575-1M010-8M. $28.61 plus shipping from that seller.

As I see it, you are better off with the factory mic anyway. If the wiring is there, you are all set. If it isn't, you are going to have splice wires and run wires to the factory plug, or get the harness (not sure of this WIRE HARNESS for 2013 Hyundai Accent|91800-1R102) from the dealer or a junk car, but you would have to do that with an aftermarket mic anyway and less sure it will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts