Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a backup camera on my 2013 sonata. I can’t seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere, and my meter is missing. So just in case I still can’t find my meter tomorrow, anyone know which of the wires is which on the reverse light(black, blue, brown)? I am assuming that the blue wire is going to be the one that I connect to the red on the camera. The black wire from the camera I will likely just wire to a bolt as the ground.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
941 Posts
What kind of system are you installing?

Most aftermarket cameras draw power from the camera end to signal the screen to turn on... so you would attach the camera to the reverse light in the tail light and take it from there to activate the screen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am not sure since my install was 2 yrs ago but I believe the blue wire on the rear light is the reverse and that is where the camera gets power from. Obviously just test it before you wrap things up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
To Igloo, you need a multimeter to do this, or have some spare fuses, :)
But in a jam, you can wire up a test lamp with a spare 12V bulb. Black is usually ground. Put car in Reverse, engine off but back-up light should be on. Probe the color wire with the bulb tester, with one side connected to chassis ground. If bulb lights up that is the back-up light wire. This is an emergency tester anyone can make.
If this doesn't make sense, you shouldn't do the install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you buy an aftermarket one? I have a 2012 Sonata 2.0T Ltd w Nav and I've got the dreaded blue screen. I'm looking for a non-rip off plug-n-play DIY replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you buy an aftermarket one? I have a 2012 Sonata 2.0T Ltd w Nav and I've got the dreaded blue screen. I'm looking for a non-rip off plug-n-play DIY replacement.

I bought an OEM Hyundai Camera assembly on Ebay. It was $160.00 free shipping. It took me a little over an hour to take the old one out and replace it with the new one. Works 100% perfect. The Hyundai part number is 957603S102.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts