Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it's me again.

I wanted to install the Fortin EVO-ONE remote start system on my 2007 Entourage Limited, but it doesn't look like it is compatible. The problem seems to be that our car has the Infinity sound system installed which somehow makes it incompatible. Does anybody know why that would make a difference? Is there a documented way to install a remote start system on this car? Thanks for any help. BTW, I have sent a message to Fortin to confirm the incompatibility, but do not expect a response for a couple of days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called the Fortin company that makes the EVO-ONE systems, and the guy I talked to thought it would work with any of the Entourage models regardless of having the Infinity system or not. He said that I should check the wiring in the car before buying, however, to see if all of the wires are the same. The wires needed are:

CAN1_low (white) and CAN1_high (black) (twisted pair located behind driver side kick panel).
CAN2_low and CAN2_high (pins 14 and 6 respectively in the OBDII connector)
PATS data - located behind center console in dash.

Since the car does not have an immobilizer, I don't think I have to worry about the PATS data
wire. Also I think the CAN2 wires are a standard for the OBDII connector, so I think those
should be good.

Are the CAN1_low and CAN1_high wires going to be the same for all Entourage models
regardless of the having the Infiniity system? Been trying to find find wiring diagrams
on-line, but no luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts