Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodyear Assurance Comfortred 245/45/18's.
Ride is much better, no longer jars your fillings over bumps and they are worlds quieter than the Hankraps that come on our cars. Sorry the car is dirty, it just finished raining here. Again. Bought them from DiscountTireDirect for $836 with a $100 rebate and free shipping.

·
Banned
358 Posts
I would guess more sidewalls to absorb the bumps in the road. That and the 245/45's could be cheaper since it's more common. I am going to be upgrading to the 245/45's soon or maybe 255/45's with new wheels. I am looking at wheel options as well to upgrade the looks along with the tires.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
So you used the original wheels, I see? Aren't the original wheels too narrow for the 245/45's?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I unno, in terms of road noise I am satisfied with my Nexen's. Only issue is that running on 35's is not so comfortable with the roads here so im wanting to get new tires when I change the rims.... most likely will go with nexen 40's since they are quiet, have good handling and reasonably priced.... Plus they are Korean so might aswell stay true to the brand LOL!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**** $836!!! I would of just threw in $200 and got a brand new set of rims and tires.
Really? The next cheapest set of "quality" tires was $700 shipped. Show me a set of $300 rims you would put on your car. Reread the above paragraphs, it was $736 after rebate, for an 80K mile tire. The **** tires they put on our car cost more than $736 and sound like a ******* 4WD riding down the road.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I am looking to buy the General G-Maxx AS-03 tire from tire rack. They have a great user and critic rating. They are Ultra High Performance All-Season tires and are $137 a piece, which is $548 . They also have a $70 rebate right now which makes them only $478.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...GMAS03XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
My concern with General's is that my Impala went through a set of Altimax HP's in under 30,000 miles due to uneven wear. And that was with regular rotation and balancing. I replaced them with Firestone's that got me 25,000+ (until the day I traded her in) without so much as a single tire wearing uneven.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The General Gmax looks like a tire that belongs on a truck with 24's. I rode in an Impala with Gmax's on it and they sound like an all terrain tire on a jeep. You would have to pay me to put any tire from General on my car. I have the Comfortred on my Accord so I knew they were quiet, they have 12K miles on them and look like I just put them on last week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Too much tire noise

just purchased 2011 Sonata GL. Like the car but has excessive tire noise and slightly harsh ride. Came with 205/65/16 Kumho tires.
Looking for recommendations for a much quieter, better riding tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts